Deadline: 14 June 2016
Open to: auditors who are EU citizens and hold of a university degree in audit, accounting, finance, business administration and/or informatics
Remuneration: salary EUR 4,384/month for grade AD5 and EUR 5,612/month for grade AD7
These opportunities are for young professionals (grade AD5) and more experienced professionals (grade AD7) ready to work as auditors with the European Commission (in either the Internal Audit Service (IAS) or in Audit Directorates/Units within the operational Directorates General) in Brussels or as an external auditor with the European Court of Auditors in Luxembourg.
If you are looking for a career in audit in the international public sector, the EU institutions have a lot to offer. You can expect exceptional possibilities for professional development and personal growth. Working for the EU means working with highly qualified colleagues from all over Europe in a multicultural, multilingual and stimulating environment.
- Auditors, in particular, provide assurance to the management of the organisation by undertaking audits in a broad range of EU policy areas examining compliance with laws and regulation and value for money;
- They assess how well risks are being managed, the organisation is being governed and internal processes are working. The scope and nature of audits can vary significantly and cover various administrative and operational processes;
- Auditors can be called upon to carry out audits in various EU and third countries during their career;
- Auditors also provide consulting services, advising management on how to improve systems and processes.
- University degree in audit, accounting, finance, business administration and/or informatics;
- For young professionals a prior professional experience in the field of audit is not required, it would however be an asset;
- Good command of two European languages (your main language plus either English, French or German);
- EU citizenship are required.
- The indicative basic starting salaries (based on a 40 hour working week) are EUR 4,384/month for grade AD5 and EUR 5,612/month for grade AD7;
- The European institutions have their own social security and pension schemes.
How to apply?
In order to apply, you need to check the online application manual and register. The deadline is 14 June 2016.
For more information, please visit the official webpage.