Deadline: 31 July 2014
Open to: all interested applicants with doctoral degree in a relevant field
Remuneration: salary according to qualifications, group life insurance and membership in Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund
PRIO invites applications for a one-year, full-time position as Senior Researcher in support of PRIO’s EU project portfolio in security research. The successful candidate will join PRIO’s security research team and carry out research on European security measures, in general, and counter-terrorist policies, in particular. Of particular interest for the position are the societal, legal, operational and democratic challenges of security-focused technologies with surveillance capabilities, relations between security, liberty, privacy and data protection. The researcher will work primarily on the projects Large Scale Information Exploitation of Forensic Data and Tactical Approach to Counter Terrorists in Cities.
Academic qualifications for the position include:
- a doctoral degree or equivalent in a relevant field to PRIO’s security research portfolio – social sciences, law or humanities;
- a scientific publication record. Candidates should have published their research in peer-reviewed publication channels ;
- solid research competence and writing skills;
- knowledge of the EU Institutions, particularly related to security policy;
- experience with international collaboration, network-building and project development;
- mastery of several European languages.
PRIO offers salary according to qualifications, group life insurance and membership in Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund.
If you are interested, use online form to apply, and upload necessary documents as PDFs
- cover letter – should include an account of your qualifications, academic merits, relevant competence and other requirements for the position as described above;
- CV in English including a list of publications;
- copy of certification of highest university degree.
For further information, please visit the official website.