Open to: people with minimum of 10 years’ experience in agricultural and environmental policy and legislation
Benefits: full-time job
COLEACP is a network of companies, professional organisations and experts committed to inclusive and sustainable agriculture. They work through technical cooperation to support sustainable and inclusive development of the private sector (SMEs) and the enabling environment (including competent authorities) in 50 African, Caribbean and Pacific (ACP) countries. Since its creation, COLEACP has been managing development projects in the ACP agricultural and food sector, financed by international donors (mainly the European Union and the Organisation of ACP States). The overall objective of the current programmes (such as Fit For Market, Fit For Market SPS, NExT Kenya, etc.) is to reduce poverty, improve food & nutrition security and food safety, and ensure sustainable and inclusive growth by strengthening the ACP agri-food sector. The specific objective is to enable smallholders, farmer groups and organisations, and MSMEs to access domestic, regional and international markets by complying with sanitary and phytosanitary (SPS) issues and market requirements, within a sustainable framework.
- An academic Masters’ degree in law, European politics, international relations.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in agricultural and environmental policy and legislation in the European context, working in industry, consultancy or relevant EU institutions.
- In-depth knowledge and/experience of EU institutions (incl. Directorates-General such as INTPA, SANTE, AGRICULTURE, TRADE, JUSTICE and CONSUMERS, and ENVIRONMENT), how they work and the EU regulatory processes.
- Knowledge and/or experience of the agricultural sector is essential, and specific experience involving low and middle income countries is required.
- A sound understanding of EU policy and regulations in the field of agriculture and the environment is essential.
- Experience in regulatory/policy dialogue, “client” management, and possessing the skills needed to foster dialogue with regulatory agencies, industry organizations and civil society on current and emerging trends.
- Previous professional experience in contributing to the Sustainable Development Goals would be an advantage.
- Excellent communication skills with people at all levels; high standard of written and oral communication; excellent presentation skills. Strong influencing and negotiation skills.
- Proven competence and experience in managing sensitive cross – “corporate” networks.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Fluent in English and at least one other EU language (French, German, Spanish, Italian (verbal & written).
- High learning ability, eagerness to grow, long term vision and strategic thinking. Hands-on with conceptual skills.
- Comfortable working independently, and able to develop and maintain relationships with team members while working remotely.
- Ability to thrive in an environment with constantly changing needs, complexity, uncertainty and variability in terms of activities and topics.
- Share COLEACP core values: performance, continuous improvement, commitment, difference and humanity.
- Commitment to COLEACP’s vision: Growing People
- COLEACP offers competitive contractual conditions, in line with market practices.
- The position to be filled is ideally a full-time position, starting as soon as practicable.
- Based in Brussels (Belgium), you will nevertheless be available for short-term assignments, outside and within the European Union.
HOW TO APPLY?
For further information, please visit the official website.