Deadline: 3 August 2014
Open to: sex worker-led organisations and networks that are based in any country in the world; registered or unregistered; led by women, men and/or trans.
Grant: 4.000 EUR to 40.000 EUR for one year
Mama Cash’s Red Umbrella Fund is now open to accepting new proposals. The Fund exists to mobilise resources to help strengthen and sustain the movement in achieving human rights for sex workers.
It is the first global fund guided by and for sex workers. The members of the organization believe that change will only be achieved through strong, collaborative movements of sex workers advocating for their rights, with the support of their allies. Sex workers themselves are the best positioned to know what is needed for them, and best placed to do something about it.
The Red Umbrella Fund provides flexible core funding to support the general coordination, functioning and strengthening of a group, organisation or network and its members. Core funding can be used to cover expenses such as registration costs, rent, salaries, advocacy, (peer led) capacity building, membership meetings, networking activities, etc. Their funding is flexible in that it may be used and adjusted largely according to self-identified needs of the grantee. Their grants are not meant solely for project-based activities.
The Red Umbrella Fund currently provides grants between 4.000 EUR to 40.000 EUR. This year, the Red Umbrella Fund will, for the first time, provide two year‐grants.
- 4.000 – 20.000 EUR per year: For relatively new groups, organisations and networks and/or any group, organisation or networks working at local level (city, district, province, etc.);
- 4.000 – 25.000 EUR per year: For groups, organisations and networks of more than 2 years old that are working at national level;
- 4.000 – 40.000 EUR per year: For groups, organisations and networks of more than 2 years old that are working at international (regional) level.
For the 2014 Call for Applications, the Red Umbrella Fund expects to make 10 two‐year‐grants. The exact number of grants will depend on the actual grant sizes.
The Red Umbrella Fund provides funding to sex worker-led organisations and networks that are:
- based in any country in the world;
- registered or unregistered;
- led by women, men and/or trans.
Application deadline is 3 August 2014.
Completed applications must be sent by email at email@example.com.
For more information see the official website HERE.