Deadline: 15 November 2021
Open to: U.S. citizens or permanent residents whose last degree was received before June 30, 2014
Applications are open for the AAUW Career Development Grants 2021. Th Career Development Grants provide funding to women who hold a bachelor’s degree and are preparing to advance or change careers or re-enter the workforce in education, health and medical sciences, or social sciences. Primary consideration is given to women of color and women pursuing their first advanced degree or credentials in nontraditional fields. Applicants must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents whose last degree was received before June 30, 2014.
AAUW originally designed Career Development Grants in 1972 to offer “encouragement” funding to AAUW members seeking to renew or resume academic work for credit toward career or employment advancement.
Today, grants support course work beyond a bachelor’s degree, including a master’s degree, second bachelor’s degree, certification program or specialized training in technical or professional fields. Course work must be taken at an accredited two- or four-year college or university in the United States or at a technical school that is fully licensed or accredited by the U.S. Department of Education. Funds are not available for doctorate-level work.
Career Development Grants are open to individuals who identify as women and:
- are U.S. citizens or permanent residents.
- hold an earned (not honorary) bachelor’s degree.
- received their bachelor’s degree on or before June 30, 2014.
- do not hold an earned (not honorary) graduate or professional degree.
- plan to enroll or are enrolled in courses/activities that are required for professional employment or advancement, and
- plan to enroll or are enrolled in one of the following program types:
- Bachelor’s or associate degree program that is different from the field of study of the previously earned bachelor’s degree.
- Master’s degree program.
- Certification program.
- Technical school.
- Plan to enroll or are enrolled in one of the following fields of study:
- Health and Medical Sciences.
- Social Sciences.
Award amount is up to $2,000 – $12,000. Funds are available for tuition, fees, books, supplies, local transportation and dependent care.
How to apply?
For more information and to apply, please visit the official website.