Deadline: 8 June 2018
Open to: international applicants with cinematography and photographic skills
Grant: USD 5 000 + benefits
With Getty Images mission to move the world with images, they are partnering with the ARRAY Alliance to provide support to photographers and filmmakers who are using their art forms to create diverse and inclusive visual stories. The Getty Images ARRAY Grant, offered in partnership with award-winning director and producer Ava Duvernay’s ARRAY Alliance, will provide financial support and mentorship to artists who capture the visual narrative of underrepresented ethnic communities and use their medium to progress visual representation – communities such as African-American, Caribbean, South Asian, Arab, Indigenous or Latinx for example. In addition to financial remuneration, recipients will also receive mentoring support and guidance.
- A brief description of your approach, style, and story you have covered;
- Answer question option 1 – What are the stories behind this project? What was your inspiration?;
- Answer question option 2 – How has this project been inspired by your life?;
- Answer question option 3 – How does your project drive a narrative of inclusion or showcase new perspectives on identity?.
- USD 5,000 prize (four available), two film-makers and two commercial creative photographers;
- Mentorship from either ARRAY Alliance or Getty Images;
- Option to take up Getty Images contract for winning work.
How to Apply?
In order to apply fill the application form.
For more information please visit the official website.