Deadline: 31 March 2016
Open to: journalists, reporters and organisations
Benefits: access to a professional tool (Live Blog) with free managed hosting and access to one-on-one support
Are you a media organisation or NGO working to integrate technology into a journalism or reporting project and looking for a live storytelling tool? Sourcefabric’s <FWD:media> initiative provides free live blogging services and support to a selected number of independent web projects in journalism and activism. There will be at least four rounds of applications in 2016 and you’re welcome to apply again if your organisation/project didn’t qualify the first time. The first round of applications is open!
Live Blog helps journalists, reporters and organisations tell their stories as they unfold. Live Blog was developed to provide media organisations with a tool for live reporting crisis or real-time events like natural disasters or breaking news. Whether from your desk or live from the event, you can update your live blog in real-time. Learn more about Live Blog HERE.
- Open to any organisation or project;
- Journalists, reporters and organisations;
- Have a journalistic or nonprofit project;
- Working on the topics of independent media, social change, youth empowerment or humanitarian aid;
- Committed to actively using Live Blog for your project and have already allocated human and technical resources to produce content to feed the (blog)s;
- Willing to share your Live Blog experience.
- There are no grants or financial support included in this initiative;
- Version of financial support comes in the form of access to a professional tool (Live Blog) with free managed hosting and access to one-on-one support;
- If you are in need of additional financial support you can apply for joint funding with Sourcefabric.
How to apply?
Apply online by filling out the application form till 31 March 2016.
For more information please visit the official website.