Deadline: 5 November 2015
Open to: applicants with a Master’s-level degree, or equivalent experience in the field of international affairs, EU studies, law or communication
Remuneration: monthly remuneration (around EUR 750)
The European Federation for Services to Individuals (EFSI) is the key representative body for national federations and companies involved in the development of personal and household services in Europe. It represents the industry and promotes the development of the sector throughout Europe. EFSI is currently looking for a policy and communication intern to start in mid-November/December 2015 at the latest. The internship is for six months and based in Brussels.
The intern’s main tasks will be related to providing support in the organisation of two conferences in the spring of 2016 and to the publication of EFSI’s newsletters. The intern will be part of the team and expected to contribute to the overall work of EFSI, as appropriate. Candidates should show practical skills, high motivation for work, flexibility, a dynamic attitude and team spirit. The intern will perform following activities:
- Assist with the organisation of two conference on personal and household services (contact with speakers and partners, organizing logistical aspects, producing related documents and implementing the communication strategy);
- Support with the production of the bi-monthly newsletter for EFSI members (screening the news channels, web and paper-based research, compiling news items, summarizing and editing);
- Attend relevant meetings at EU institutions, organizations, and other internal and external events/conferences and write report if requested;
- Maintenance of EFSI’s internet presence, especially on social media;
- Assist with desk research on specific areas and with the elaboration of briefing and analytical notes;
- Perform other related duties as required.
All applicants should meet following requirements:
- Master’s-level degree, or equivalent experience in the field of international affairs, EU studies, law or communication;
- Good knowledge of EU institutions and policy making procedure;
- Interest in EFSI’s areas of expertise;
- Fluent written and spoken English is essential;
- Knowledge of another EU language is an asset;
- Computer literacy (all MS office applications). Experience with Typo3 and social media is a plus;
- Experience with event organisation and/or with European project’s management is a plus.
The intern will receive a monthly remuneration (around EUR 750).
How to apply?
The deadline for applications is 5 November 2015. Applications should be written in English and consist of a detailed CV (max. 2 pages) and motivation letter (max. 1 page) indicating the earliest starting date. Please submit your application via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Intern application” in the subject line. Only short listed candidates will be contacted by 9 November 2015.