Deadline: 12 December 2014
Open to: all organizations based in Africa and working in education
Prize: cash prizes of $10,000, $5,000 and 55 awards of $1,000 for the best entry from each country in Africa, sponsored trip to conference
Since 2007 Teach a Man to Fish in partnership with The Saville Foundation have been rewarding organisations that contribute to Africa’s long term growth and development through an entrepreneurial approach to education and training.
Is your education or training project based in Africa?
Is your education project creative and entrepreneurial?
Could other organizations learn from your project?
If you answered yes to these questions you could be in with a chance of winning this year’s Pan African Awards for Entrepreneurship in Education. They are looking for anything and everything that combats poverty in an innovative, sustainable, and effective way.
The main features for awarding are that:
- Projects are entrepreneurial – they have innovative ways of tackling problems in education, they generate their own income, or they empower future generations of entrepreneurs.
- Projects are sustainable – financially, socially and environmentally sustainable in the future and that look beyond donations and subsidies as their primary source of income.
- Projects that create impact – or are able to achieve measurable results in terms of educational achievement and economic outcomes for participants and the wider community
The competition is open to all organizations that are based in Africa and working in education. This includes primary, secondary and tertiary education, as well as non-formal and adult education.
- First prize of $10,000, 2nd and 3rd prizes of $5,000 and 55 awards of $1,000 for the best entry from each country in Africa;
- A sponsored trip to the international conference and peer-learning workshop for the top three award winners;
- Business guidance;
- Media publicity;
- Enhanced sponsorship and donation opportunities.
The deadline for entries is 12 December 2014. Fill out the online application form HERE.
If you have any problems completing your application or would like to request an offline application form please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
See the official website HERE for further details.