Deadline: 8 January 2014
Open to: NGOs from Africa, Middle East, Asia, Pacific, Latin America, Caribbean
Grant: US$100,000 of unrestricted funding and additional tailored consultancy support, PR and media support
The Impact Awards recognise outstanding organisations working to improve the lives of disadvantaged children in countries with the highest rates of under-five mortality.
This year, they will be inviting applications from Latin America and the Caribbean, in addition to a selection of new countries in existing regions of Africa-Middle East and Asia-Pacific.
A total of 24 Awards will be split across these three regions and the four categories of Health, Education, Protection and WASH (water, sanitation and hygiene).
If your organisation answers NO to any of the following questions, it will not be able to submit an application.
1. Is your organisation a locally registered non-profit-making organisation – a charity, non-governmental organisation, voluntary organisation or similar?
2. Does your organisation work directly or indirectly with children in one or more of the areas of Health, Education, Protection or WASH (Water, Sanitation and Hygiene)?
3. Is your organisation legally established and registered in one of these countries:
Africa-Middle East: Algeria, Angola, Armenia, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Democratic Republic of Congo, Republic of Congo, Cote D’Ivoire, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, The Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kenya, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Occupied Palestinian Territory, Sao Tome & Principe, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
Asia-Pacific: Afghanistan, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, India, Indonesia, Kazakhstan, Kiribati, Kyrgyzstan, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Maldives, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nauru, Nepal, Papua New Guinea, Pakistan, Philippines, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tajikistan, Timor-Leste, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Vietnam.
Latin America-Caribbean: Bolivia, Brazil, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago.
4. Does your organisation have its own annual independently audited annual accounts?
5. Does your organisation have an annual income in its most recent set of independently audited annual accounts between US$200,000 and US$4,000,000 (or equivalent in local currency)?
6. Does your organisation have its own constitution?
7. Does your organisation have its own bank account?
8. Does your organisation have its own dedicated Board of Trustees/Directors?
9. Is your organisation open to staff and beneficiaries from different faiths?
10. Does your organisation have independent decision-making power and complete autonomy over how it spends its money?
The main Impact Award will be given to four winners per region that will each receive $100,000 of unrestricted funding together with a bespoke package of consultancy, PR support, and media training. Runners Up will receive up to $50,000 of unrestricted funding in addition to consultancy support.
You can apply to the Impact Awards by using online application form HERE. The closing date for applications is 1 p.m. GMT on Wednesday 8 January 2014.
Over a two stage process, applications will be assessed against a range of criteria which reflect effective practice. The information required at each stage includes:
Stage 1: Those who pass stage 1 will be announced at the end of March 2014 and asked to complete another application form for Stage 2 by 28 April 2014.
- Delivery and impact of programmes on the lives of disadvantaged children
- Applicants will be asked to submit their most recent set of independently audited consolidated annual accounts and legal registration document (please see glossary of terms (click here) for what these should include).
Stage 2: Final decision will be reached by September 2014.
- Strategy and Leadership
- Finance and administration
- Innovation and flexibility
- Stakeholder involvement and accountability
- Human resource management
- How your organisation would use the Award if it were selected as an Award recipient
- Applicants will be asked to submit the organisation’s Constitution or other legal document which includes a clause of dissolution for the organisation
If you have any questions regarding eligibility or the contest, please email the organizers at firstname.lastname@example.org before submitting an application.
More information is available on the official website HERE.