Deadline: 30 June each year
Open to: already accepted or current undergraduate students
Scholarship: £1,500 per year of study
The University of Brighton is committed to the development of sporting excellence amongst its students. To demonstrate this, the University has allocated resources towards the development of a Sports Scholarship Scheme. The Sport Scholarship Scheme is being expanded in October 2006 to support the athletes, and athletes with a disability. There are five specific Scholarships for athletes studying at Eastbourne Site. The Scheme is designed to help students develop their full sporting potential by giving the necessary flexibility and support required to train and compete at the highest level whilst achieving an academic qualification.
- You should have reached junior or senior national level of competition or performance and have the potential and dedication to reach world class potential or performance level (or equivalent) in your sport
- You should have been accepted on a University of Brighton undergraduate course or be a current undergraduate student of the university
- Bursary of up to a maximum of £1,500 per year of study
- Free access to university sport facilities
- Free sports science support by BASES accredited staff
- Access to sports medicine support at reduced rates through Sportswise
- Sports/academic mentor
- Access to University of Brighton sports coaches where available in their sport
– Applications for a sports scholarship should be made on the enclosed application form.
– All first applications must be received before 30thJune in the year in which you intend to
start your degree.
– The completed application form should be returned to the Sports Scholarship Coordinator.
– A sporting reference from your Coach / National Governing Body is required, and should be sent under separate cover to the Sports Scholarship Co-ordinator.
Download University of Brighton sports scholarship application pack (124k pdf)