Deadline: 15 March 2024
Open to: international applicants (complete list of countries available in the eligibility section below)
Scholarship: fully funded
TaiwanICDF International Higher Education Scholarship Program
International education and training has long been one of the TaiwanICDF’s core operations, among many others. Human resources development programs play a vital role in assisting partner countries achieve sustainable development, and education is a crucial mechanism for training workforces in developing countries. The TaiwanICDF provides scholarships for higher education and has developed undergraduate, graduate and Ph.D. programs in cooperation with renowned partner universities in Taiwan.
The TaiwanICDF has established the Taiwan International Cooperation Alliance (TICA) with 23 partner universities, setting up an operational platform under this TICA framework to manage and improve the scholarship program.
Applicants applying for the TaiwanICDF Scholarship must meet both general eligiblity criteria and be a national of a country on the List of Countries Eligible for TaiwanICDF Scholarship. Applicants must also meet the Regulations Governing Visiting, Resident, and Permanent Residency of Aliens set by ROC (Taiwan) National Immigration Agency.
Read the full eligibility section here.
Entitlements: The total scholarship, including airfare (round-trip), housing, tuition, credit fees, insurance, textbook costs and a monthly allowance will be provided by the TaiwanICDF to each student within his/her given award period. The scholarship is itemized as follows:
- Airfare: The TaiwanICDF shall arrange your most-direct flights to and from Taiwan with Economy Class tickets. Every airline has its own carry-on and check-in luggage policy, including for weight limits and transporting pets. Applicants have been advised to check with the airlines for details before departure.
- Housing: All students must reside in the student dormitories.
- Tuition fee: The TaiwanICDF will cover the tuition fee as required by the student’s university.
- Credit fees: Credit fees vary with the number of credits registered. Credit fees will also be covered as required by the student’s university.
- Insurance: While in Taiwan, in addition to the mandatory student safety insurance set by the Ministry of Education, each student must be insured for accidental and necessary medical coverage. Insurance fees will be covered for the entire duration of the program
- Book costs: Purchasing textbooks as required by the instructors shall be subject to the approval of the director of the student’s institute
- Allowance: (1). Master’s Program: Each student shall receive NT$18,000 per month during the period of the program as allowance for food and miscellaneous living expenses. The sum will be deposited monthly into the student’s local bank account. (2). Ph.D. Program: Each student shall receive NT$20,000 per month during the period of the program as allowance for food and miscellaneous living expenses. The sum will be deposited monthly into the student’s local bank account.
How to apply?
For more information please visit the official website.