Deadline: 27 November 2023
Open to: individuals between the ages of 18 and 35, having a leading position in the project or initiative they are applying with
Benefits: full scholarship to attend the 2024 Global Solutions Summit in Berlin
With the “Young Global Changers Recoupling Awards” the Global Solutions Initiative aims to identify, recognize and reward young changemakers from all over the world who contribute actively towards a better alignment – a “recoupling” – of economic prosperity with environmental sustainability and the needs and demands of societies, communities and individuals.
The award seeks to recognize concrete practices and impactful youth-led projects and initiatives that drive change on the ground, while also serving as examples and inspiration beyond their immediate impact. Projects can be social enterprises as well as youth-led nonprofit initiatives.
Beginning in 2024, the YGC Recoupling Awards will recognize three distinct categories in an effort to equitably recognize the work of young global changers who pursue different methods in tackling global challenges, but still aim to recouple economic, social and environmental prosperity.
The three categories are (1) Reimagine Business, (2) Reimagine Social and Climate Action (3) Reimagine Civic Engagement. Applicants will need to choose one category to apply in.
The following criteria need to be fulfilled by all applicants to be eligible, independent from the category in which they apply.
- Individuals Only: Only individual people can apply. You cannot apply as an organization, only as its representative.
- Leading Role: Participants should have a leading position in the project or initiative they are applying with. (This can be the founder, co-founder, project-lead, initiator or a similar role.)
- Strong English: Participants must have a command of the English language strong enough to present their work in front of a jury and an audience, and to participate in group conversations.
- Age: The Young Global Changers program aims to empower youth. Applicants should preferably be between the ages of 18 and 35.
- Motivation: The applicants should show motivation to become active members of a global network which aims at bringing about lasting global change.
Eligibility Criteria for all Projects
The following criteria need to be fulfilled by all projects to be eligible, independent from the category in which they apply.
- Recoupling: The project, business, or initiative with which you apply needs to aim at recoupling, i.e., a better alignment of economic or political activities with social well-being and environmental sustainability. This means putting the needs of people and environmental sustainability at the center of economic and/or political activities.
- Organizational Stage: The project or initiative must be beyond the idea stage. It should be currently active and running.
There are additional eligibility criteria per category.
- Travel expenses to and from Berlin
- Accommodation for the time of the Global Solutions Summit (five nights, May 3-8, 2024)
- Free admission to the Global Solutions Summit 2024
- Networking opportunities with great minds from academia, business, politics & civil society
- Access to an exclusive global network of like-minded Young Global Changers
- Possibilities for further engagement
HOW TO APPLY
For more information, visit the official website.