Deadline: 19 November 2023
Open to: Candidates with at least 5-7 years’ work experience in similar roles and post secondary studies in management, economic, political or social sciences or other relevant fields;
Benefits: A paid position, with a permanent duration contract among other benefits
The Green European Foundation (GEF) is the European-level Green political foundation. It is a pillar of the European green movement, together with the Greens/EFA group in the European Parliament and the European Green Party. Our mission is to offer a platform and spaces for debates, training, research, and new forms of collaboration within and beyond the Green family to foster a more democratic, open and just Europe.
The Vice Director is responsible for the operational, legal and financial management and administration of the Green European Foundation (GEF). The Vice Director focuses on ensuring the sustainability of GEF’s organisational resources and identifying the conditions that must be in place for GEF’s implementation of its Strategy and Work Programme. The Vice Director aims to ensure a professional and sustainable management of GEF’s operational and financial resources, whilst complying with the legal framework under which GEF operates.
- At least 5-7 years’ work experience in similar roles;
- Post secondary studies in management, economic, political or social sciences or other relevant fields;
- Proven record in corporate or not-for-profit budget, finance and audit management and legal oversight;
- Proven record in human resources’ administration and legal management;
- Experience in programme management and impact assessment;
- Knowledge and interest for Green and European affairs;
- Written and oral proficiency in English and in a second European language. Any additional European language will be considered an asset;
- Excellent writing and communication skills coupled with political sensitivity;
- Innovative and out-of-the-box thinking;
- High organisational and time-management skills;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Advanced interpersonal and social skills;
- Ability to interact and lead positively to a team;
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines;
- Readiness to occasionally travel and adapt to flexible working hours.
- A paid position, with a permanent duration contract (CDI under the Belgian employment framework);
- Competitive salary, based on GEF’s salary scale, ranging from 5,000 to 6,000 Euros gross salary per month under the Belgian employment framework;
- Food vouchers amounting to 7 EUR/worked day;
- Full reimbursement of public transport in Belgium;
- Paid mobile phone subscription;
- 2 EUR/day home office allowance;
- 250 EUR/year eco-vouchers;
- 2 extra holidays on top of the Belgian legal framework, plus the period between 24 December – 2 January;
- Flexible working time and hybrid office (up to 60%);
- An open, positive and engaging working atmosphere in an international environment.
HOW TO APPLY?
Candidates are requested to submit their motivation letter and a CV (1-2 pages each), both comprised in a single pdf document, through this application form. The cover letter should outline their motivation, skills, areas of interest and availability to start.
For further information, please visit the official website.