Deadline: 15 May 2023 (Priority)
Open to: international applicants with preference from USA, Brazil, China, Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda, and Tanzania
Benefits: funding available
Applications are now accepted for the 2023 Watson Institute Venture Accelerator. This is a 16-week program designed for impact-driven entrepreneurs seeking to elevate their ventures with access to a global network, training designed to strengthen skills, and mentorship with seasoned professionals, venture capitalists, and executives. The program will kick off with an in-person Immersive in Boulder, Colorado. The remainder of programming is virtual and provides award-winning training, committed mentorship, and a powerful community of peers for next-generation entrepreneurs to advance their impact-focused ventures and lives.
This program is designed to complement the entrepreneurs’ existing venture work, allowing them to implement learnings in real-time.
- This is a 16-week program with weekly programming from July 20th – October 31st.
- The program launches with an in-person Immersive in Boulder, Colorado. The Immersive will take place from July 20th – July 28th.
- During the remaining 14 weeks, the weekly time commitment is approximately 6–8 hours per week.
- Participate in the Fellowships culminating event called Summit where Fellows pitch to local leaders, funders, and entrepreneurs.
- Fellows can earn up to $6,000 in seed funding for their venture.
- Entrepreneur leading an early-stage social impact venture with demonstrated impact metrics and traction.
- Able to commit to the 16-week program including the in-person Immersive in Boulder, Colorado with a weekly time commitment of 6–8 hours per week.
- From any geographical location with a preference to applicants from the USA, Brazil, China, Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda, and Tanzania.
This program is funded by a variety of fellowships offered through our generous partners. Each of these Fellowships have specific social impact or geographical preferences.
The Watson Institute Venture Accelerator provides award-winning training, committed mentorship, and a powerful community of peers to equip Fellows with the tools and knowledge they need to support their venture’s continued development and impact.
This program is funded by a variety of fellowships offered through our generous partners. Each of these Fellowships have specific social impact or geographical preferences. For more information on our Fellowships go here.
How to apply?
- Complete the online application: The online application contains 4 short essay questions and should take about 45 minutes to complete.
- The admissions team will review applications on a rolling basis starting in mid-March.
- Qualified applicants will be invited to a 20-minute Zoom interview. Interviews will begin April 1st, 2023.
Priority Deadline: May 15th, 2023 || Final Deadline: July 1st, 2023.
They have a limited number of spots available and admit applicants on a rolling basis. Apply early!
For more information, please visit the official website.