Deadline: 25 September 2022
Open to: candidates with previous experience in the area of EU projects management and coordination
Salary: 2000 euro/month
The European Citizen Action Service (ECAS) is a Brussels-based international non-profit organisation with a pan-European membership and more than 30 years of experience. ECAS has a branch office in Bulgaria, which coordinates the organisation’s activity in Central and Eastern Europe (CEE).
Empowering citizens in order to create a more inclusive and stronger European Union by:
• Promoting and defending citizens’ rights.
• Developing and supporting mechanisms to increase citizens and citizen organisations’ democratic participation in, and engagement with, the EU.
An inclusive, transparent, citizen-centric and democratic European Union in which citizens’ rights are at the heart of decision making at all levels and in citizens are informed, consulted and actively participate.
ECAS’ Team Values
• Non-partisanship: Free from affiliation with any political party.
• Professionalism: Striving for excellence in all aspects of our work.
• Empowerment: Enabling citizens to understand and utilise their rights.
• Inclusiveness: Ensuring that all EU citizens can fully enjoy their rights.
• Innovation: Applying unique and modern solutions.
Description of the Job
ECAS is looking for a motivated and experienced project coordinator who will support the work of ECAS’ project managers in our two focus areas – EU Rights and European Democracy.
The candidate should have a keen interest in understanding European Citizenship and European policies related to EU Citizens’ Rights, Digital Democracy and Digital Transformation, Civic Engagement, Tackling Populism and Disinformation and best practices in ensuring diversity, equality, and inclusion.
The candidate should operate effectively at his/her own initiative while being a team player and should be able to work under tight deadlines.
Commitment to ECAS’ mission and values is a must.
Reporting to the ECAS’ Director, the Candidate will coordinate in close collaboration with ECAS’ Project Managers some of ECAS’ project activities under its EU Rights and European Democracy focus areas by:
• Ensuring timely and high-quality delivery of the projects’ outputs and outcomes.
• Organising the implementation or implementing project activities.
• Ensuring sound financial management and reporting in line with the EU Funding rules and procedures.
• Facilitating networks’ establishment and exchange of experience and good practices with relevant partners, where applicable.
• Drafting narrative and financial reports.
• Promoting the project activities and results.
• University or Master’s Degree in Law, International Relations, Political Science, European Studies
• or any other relevant field.
• At least 3 years of professional experience in project management of EU funded projects.
• Excellent knowledge of the EU funding rules and procedures.
• Excellent knowledge of Europe for Citizens/CERV, Erasmus+, Horizon 2020 funding programmes.
• Experience in development, coordination, and engagement of civil society and/or academic organisations and/or networks.
• Experience in EU projects’ narrative and financial reporting.
• Public speaking experience.
• English language proficiency – written and oral.
• Attention to detail.
• Excellent organisational skills.
• Networking skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Friendly, social, proactive.
• Team worker but capable of performing tasks independently.
• Capable to working under pressure and observing strict deadlines.
• Capable of multitasking.
The position is based in Brussels. The successful candidate will be offered a one-year contract with a possibility of transforming it into a permanent employment contract after a performance review evaluation. The salary depends on the experience of the candidate. The starting salary is EUR 2,000 net, including benefits. Food vouchers are provided in addition.
How to apply?
Applications – CV and Motivation Letter including references and a list of projects coordinated by the applicant – should be submitted by 25th of September 2022 to Ms. Dinova by email entitle “ECAS’ Project Coordinator Application” to: email@example.com.
ECAS is an equal opportunity employer which seeks to further diversify its staff in terms of gender, culture and nationality.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information please visit the official website.