Deadline: 8 September 2019
Open to: journalists, communications specialists, or civic activists from Armenia, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Russia, Tajikistan, Turkey, Turkmenistan, or Uzbekistan
Benefits: fully and partially funded program, mentoring
The Data Communication Fellowship is a 1 year-long program that consists of 3 weeks long Tbilisi based training followed by an online mentorship program. During this year fellows will advance their skills in data collection, data analysis, data storytelling, information design, etc. They will be responsible for researching, writing, designing, and publishing data stories under the guidance of ForSet’ team. Each fellow will be assigned a mentor that will help them through the process of developing their data stories (stories created during the fellowship will be uploaded on Eurasian Data Stories portal
– reside and work in Armenia, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, the Russian Federation, Tajikistan, Turkey, Turkmenistan, or Uzbekistan;
– are a journalist, communications specialist, activist, designer, or coder actively involved in media work or social activism;
– have the demonstrable capacity in data analysis, data journalism, and/or digital communications;
– are fluent in written and spoken English;
– will be available to spend 3 weeks in Tbilisi in October, November 2019;
– are able to participate in an online mentorship program and other activities (online meetups, webinars, conference calls);
– will commit to produce set number of stories during and post-Tbilisi visit;
– are open and willing to get involved in cross-country collaboration and reporting;
– are committed to return to their home country after the fellowship and live there next 12-18 month;
– have no political party or religious organization affiliation.
12 fellows will be selected for the program of 2019-2020. Program offers partial and full funding:
– 6 full funded fellows (round trip ticket and a stipend to cover accommodation and living costs in Tbilisi)
– 6 partially funded fellows (covering only round trip ticket).
How to apply?
In order to apply, please fill the application form.
For more information please visit the official web page .
For any program-related questions, please contact Mariam Gamkharashvili at firstname.lastname@example.org.