Deadline: 10 September 2018
Open to: applicants from Armenia, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Russia, Tajikistan, Turkey, Turkmenistan, and Uzbekistan
Benefits: the program will cover the fellow’s travel costs to and from Tbilisi in addition to providing each fellow a stipend to cover accommodation and other living costs in Tbilisi
The Data Communication Fellowship is a 1- year long program during which the fellows will advance their skills in data collection, data analysis, data storytelling, designing with data, etc.
They will be responsible for researching, writing, designing, and publishing 4 data stories under the guidance of ForSet. Each fellow will be assigned a mentor from the ForSet team that will help them through the process of developing their data stories.
ForSet is located in Tbilisi, Georgia and is a socially-driven creative enterprise specializing in data communications using design and technology. We do storytelling, advocacy campaigns, educational programs, community building, and open-source tools. ForSet has an experienced team with diverse skills that creates innovative products in Georgia and internationally
Eligible Countries: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Russia, Tajikistan, Turkey, Turkmenistan, and Uzbekistan.
– reside and work in Armenia, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, the Russian Federation, Tajikistan, Turkey, Turkmenistan, or Uzbekistan;
– are a journalist, communications specialist, activist, designer, or coder actively involved in media work or social activism;
– have demonstrable capacity in data analysis, data journalism, and/or digital communications;
– are fluent in written and spoken English;
– will be available to spend 3 weeks in Tbilisi from October 29 – November 18, 2018;
– will be available to spend another 3 weeks in Tbilisi in March 2019 (exact dates to be determined);
– are able to participate in an online mentorship program and other activities (meetups, webinars, conference calls);
– are open and willing to get involved in cross-country collaboration and reporting;
– have no political party or religious organization affiliation.
– fluent in written and spoken English,
The program will cover the fellow’s travel costs to and from Tbilisi in addition to providing each fellow a stipend to cover accommodation and other living costs in Tbilisi.
How to apply?
In order to apply, please fill the application form.