Deadline: 3 May 2019
Open to: individuals with a relevant university degree, preferably in Entrepreneurship, Innovation, Business Studies, International Development, International Relations, Political Sciences
Benefits: Interns receive compensation for their work
Europa Media, part of EMG Group Plc., is seeking a diligent, innovative, creative and open-minded intern for its Horizon 2020 project MY-GATEWAY as well as the newly-established Startup Europe Central and Eastern Europe Network and the Startup Europe Western Balkans Network. The ideal candidate will be keen on learning more about the startup world and being involved in the preparation of new project proposals on startups, entrepreneurship, scaleups, open innovation and industrial clusters.
MY-GATEWAY is an initiative developed by experts in the European entrepreneurship ecosystem and aims to improve the startup ecosystems in the CEE region (Romania, Slovenia and the Czech Republic).
The Startup Europe Central and Eastern Europe Network and the Startup Europe Western Balkans Network aim to create long-lasting connections between startup ecosystem builders active in the regions, foster entrepreneurial culture and guide the target ecosystems towards success.
The successful candidate will work under the supervision of the MY-GATEWAY team and will provide support on a daily basis in the implementation of the project. Day-to-day tasks will include conducting research, organizing events, bringing a delegation of startups to major tech events, working together with other startup support initiatives, and assisting in communication and dissemination. Additionally, the intern will actively support startup related activities and proposals within the company.
What will your duties be?
- Assist in the development and promotion of MY-GATEWAY’s communication and publicity activities;
- Assist in the organization of project meetings, events, and training sessions;
- Support the project manager in the preparation of project reports and deliverables;
- Participate in project meetings and draft meeting minutes;
- Actively participate in the preparation of project proposals and future activities;
- Assist in the preparation of technical and financial reports.
Moreover, within the framework of the Networks, inters will be required to:
- Assist the further extension of the Networks (dissemination and communication activities, launching calls for new members, internal communication);
- Conduct research and contribute to policy recommendations.
- Relevant university degree, preferably in Entrepreneurship, Innovation, Business Studies, International Development, International Relations, Political Sciences;
- Strong knowledge in the field of entrepreneurship and innovation. Previous experience in these fields is an asset;
- Experience in developing and/or implementing EU funded projects is an asset;
- Knowledge in the CEE and WB startup ecosystems is an asset;
- Excellent proficiency in oral and written English. Knowledge of any language from the CEE (Hungarian, Czech, Romanian, Slovak, Slovenian) or the WB (Albanian, Serbian, Montenegrin, Bosnian, Macedonian) regions is highly encouraged;
- Strong computer skills and knowledge in Microsoft Office suite applications;
- Well organized, with the ability to multitask;
- Good interpersonal and intercultural skills;
- Proactive and responsive with the ability to quickly understand tasks and situations.
The internship offers students the opportunity to work in an exciting field and in the dynamic environment of EU projects as well as develop substantial professional and management skills that will serve the selected candidate throughout his/her career.
Interns receive compensation for their work.
How to apply?
To apply, please send your CV and letter of motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org by 3rd May 2019, mentioning your last name and vacancy reference in the subject line.
For more information, please visit the official web page.