Deadline: 22 June 2018
Open to: undergraduate, graduate, or doctoral student between the ages of 18 and 30
Benefits: ICANN provides coaching, travel assistance and a stipend
The ICANN organization is looking for the next generation of individuals who are interested in becoming actively engaged in their regional communities and in shaping the future of global Internet policy. Important work is happening every day at ICANN. If you are ready to start your journey, attending an ICANN Public Meeting as a NextGen@ICANN participant could be the place to start!
Prospective members of the NextGen@ICANN program must be:
- Enrolled as an undergraduate, graduate, or doctoral student;
- Between the ages of 18 and 30;
- Currently living and studying in the region of the respective ICANN meeting. ICANN‘s meetings rotate through five geographic regions: Africa, Europe, North America, Latin America and the Asia Pacific;
- Interested in Internet Governance, the future of the Internet, and other topics covered at ICANN meetings;
- If selected, the participant must be able to attend the ICANN meeting and required events. NexGen participants are expected to actively participate at the meeting;
- If selected, the participant must be willing to present a 5 – 10-minute project at the meeting. The presentation can cover topics including: research you are working on or completed, an activity related to ICANN‘s work, an ICANN related website you are affiliated with, a thesis project, etc.
- Through the NextGen program, ICANN provides coaching and travel assistance to students from the regions where the ICANN meeting is taking place;
- For ICANN meetings, a stipend not to exceed USD 500.00 will be provided to offset reasonable individual expenses (such as meals, ground transport, other travel related expenses, etc.);
- Separately ICANN will reimburse costs incurred due to obtaining a visa for travel to that ICANN Meeting, up to the USD 200.00 allowed in the ICANN Constituency Travel Guidelines.
How to Apply?
In order to apply fill the applications form.
For more information please read Terms and Conditions or visit the official website.