Deadline: 05 February 2018
Open to: applicants aged between 23 and 30 years old from Azerbaijan, Armenia and Georgia
Costs: all costs will be covered
The Georgian Institute for Strategic Studies (GISS) in cooperation with Collegium Civitas (Warsaw, Poland), with funding from Black Sea Trust is implementing a project titled: Transformational Leadership and Confidence Building for Young Professionals in the South Caucasus (TRASC).
TRASC is an educational programme geared to confidence building that will bring young people from the three South Caucasus countries together to develop their skills to become ‘transformational leaders’ in the region and beyond. The programme also aims to enhance regional cooperation at multiple levels by nurturing empathy and consensus building and by improving the quality of public debate on European integration.
As a platform for confidence building TRASC will provide a unique opportunity for individuals to connect with their regional peers and to obtain evidence-based practical training, insights, and skills from policy experts and leaders from EU states to advance their knowledge and leadership capacities for the wider benefit of the region.
The project consists of the following components:
- A four-day educational programme in Tbilisi, Georgia(time and place: April 2018, Tbilisi, Georgia);
- Public Round Table Debate, which will focus on regional issues in the context of relations with the EU.
Participants will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Demonstrated leadership record in the following sectors: government, business, civil society and academia;
- Demonstrated potential and interest to play a role in their country’s political, economic and social development;
- Interest in playing a leading role in transformational processes as well as a desire to connect/network with peers;
- Citizenship of one of the following countries: Azerbaijan, Armenia and Georgia;
- Fluency in English;
- Aged between 23 and 30 years old.
All costs related to participation (travel, accommodation meals etc.) are covered by the organizers.
How to apply?
To apply for the program, please send your CV and a single page essay answering the question “Why is transformational leadership necessary in the modern world” to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org February 5, 2018.
Please, include the following text in the e-mail subject: “TRASC – Application.” Please note that only selected applicants will be contacted.
For more information, please visit the official web page.