Deadline: 03 December 2017
Open to: international students
Scholarship: USD 2,000 per annum for the duration of your course
The Australian Catholic University Catherine McAuley Scholarship 2017 is an endowed scholarship established in 2006 by the Sisters of Mercy in Queensland to honor Sister Catherine McAuley, founder of the Sisters of Mercy, and in recognition of the predecessor college McAuley College.
Applicants will be shortlisted by the Scholarships Office and a recipient selected by the donor.
Applications are assessed based on the strength of the following criteria:
- Written statement;
- Evidence of contribution to community service;
- Written references;
- Preference will be given to applicants who are socially and economically disadvantaged, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students and students from rural and regional areas.
Recipients are requested to submit a letter of appreciation for the donor each year, explaining how the Scholarship has assisted them. The letter should be submitted to the Scholarships Office no later than 1 October of each year.
- Citizenship: domestic and international students are welcome to apply;
- Faculty: Students who apply to the Faculties of Health Sciences, Education and Arts or Law and Business;
- Course: Any ACU undergraduate degree (except Theology);
- Campus: Brisbane;
- Year level: First year.
The scholarship is valued at USD 2,000 to be paid per annum for the duration of your course.
There are two scholarships available.
How to apply?
Apply online and completing the application form. You must attach the following documentation with your application:
- A written statement of approximately 100 words outlining;
- Why have you chosen to undertake your degree?
- What do you hope to achieve with it in the future?
- Evidence of the applicant’s involvement and/or leadership in community service through activities designed to create a more just, merciful and sustainable world.
- Two written references which address the above criteria.
For more information please visit the official website.