Deadline: 31 August 2017
Open to: original projects led by a woman
Benefits: USD 100,000 in prize money
The Cartier Women’s Initiative Awards is looking for committed female entrepreneurs heading initiatives with the potential to grow significantly in the years to come. It is a unique opportunity for early-phase women entrepreneurs to take their companies to the next level.
To be considered for the Cartier Women’s Initiative Awards, the project must be:
- An original for-profit business creation in its initial phase (2 to 3 years old) led by a woman;
- The “for-profit” requirement: should be designed to generate revenues, non-profit project proposals not accepted;
- The “originality” requirement: should be a new concept, wholly conceived by the founder or team, and not a copy or subsidiary of an existing business;
- The “initial phase” requirement: should be in the first stages of its development (between 2-3 years);
- Main leadership position must be filled by a woman, good command of English required (both verbal and written);
- Legal entry age: 18 or the age of legal majority in country of citizenship (whichever is older) on the day of the application deadline.
The 18 finalists, representing the top 3 projects from each of the 6 regions, will receive:
- One-to-one personalized business coaching prior to the Awards week;
- Series of entrepreneurship workshops, knowledge sessions and networking events during the Awards week;
- Media visibility;
- A place on the INSEAD Social Entrepreneurship 6-Day Executive Programme (ISEP);
- Networking opportunities through the Cartier Awards community.
First prize for the 6 laureates:
- US$ 100 000 in prize money;
- One-to-one personalized business mentoring.
Second prize for the 12 finalists:
- US$ 30 000 in prize money.
How to apply?
To apply to the Cartier Women’s Initiative Awards, you only need to complete the online application form.
In the form, the supporting documentation listed below will be required from you:
- Scanned copy of business registration;
- Proof of patent (if applicable);
- Detailed financials.
- Three additional attachments of your choice (logo, images of your product, press articles…).
These documents must be submitted as attachments along with your application form in the “Attachments” section and cannot be sent separately by e-mail.
For more information please visit the official website.