Deadline: 27 August 2017
Open to: international teams with at least one professional, freelance or staff journalist who works for an established media outlet (print, photo, broadcast, web, or cross-media)
Grant: up to EUR 5,000
Are you a reporter who wants to dig deeper? Who teams up to explore a story from various perspectives? Who feels that complex research doesn’t stop at borders?
The program Reporters in the Field promotes research projects by journalists from all over Europe. It offers grants of up to EUR 5,000 to international teams, for cross-border research of a relevant story of their choice. Currently, we support seven new projects with 21 team members from 18 different countries.
Are you interested? Our second round for application is open!
The Reporters in the Field program aims to foster international dialogue and understanding. Selected teams will receive not only the grant but professional mentoring and assistance for research trips provided by our program office. Furthermore, they will participate in a workshop in Berlin, where teams can meet up with invited experts and exchange with other teams. Reporters in the Field is a program by the Robert Bosch Stiftung hosted together with the media NGO and agency n-ost.
- International teams with at least one professional, freelance or staff journalist who works for an established media outlet (print, photo, broadcast, web, or cross-media) are eligible;
- Team members (e.g. photographers, scientists) from different corners and layers of society are also welcome – no age limit applies;
- Your team and research must be based in at least two of the following countries:
Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Greece, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Kosovo, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Republic of Moldova, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Spain, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine and United Kingdom.
Reporters in the Field offers grants of up to EUR 5,000 to international teams, for cross-border research of a relevant story of their choice.
How to apply?
- Prepare your application in English using our application form. You can save your application before submitting it. Applications made via e-mail or post will not be considered and cannot be returned. The next deadline for applications is August 27, 2017;
- Designate a project leader, who will act as your representative for all correspondence, administrative and budgetary purposes;
- Submit one joint application for your team, but do include CVs and further information on the individual team members. In your proposal, detail the tasks of the different team members in your research project;
- Save the Date: At least two team members must participate in our workshop in Berlin from November 17-19, 2017 and one representative of the team also in June 2018.
If you have any questions, please write to: email@example.com.
For more information please visit the official website.