Deadline: 16 October 2016
Open to: 1,000 young leaders, international entrepreneurs, and other stakeholders to foster the creative potential of tomorrow’s national and regional leaders in the (Arab) region and beyond
Venue: 15-16 November 2016, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
The MiSK Global Forum – Young Leaders Together is a unique platform that will integrate a variety of multidimensional formats, culture and technology in an inclusive program that will enable the proposal of impactful initiatives and an organic exchange of ideas, projects and innovative practices.
The Forum will welcome over 1,000 young leaders, international entrepreneurs, and other stakeholders to foster the creative potential of tomorrow’s national and regional leaders in the (Arab) region and beyond. The core of the Forum is to bring together Saudi and Arab youth with the brightest minds from around the world. The Forum will provide a new platform for: leadership sessions, knowledge exchanges / peer-to-peer learning, mentoring programs, and networking opportunities. It will also include a lineup of high level speakers presenting through panels and TED-style talks on substantive issues around the themes of the “future of work”, youth entrepreneurship, millennials, and diversifying the local economy.
The MiSK Global Forum is hosted by the MiSK Foundation, taking place in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, fromNovember 15 to 16. The event is supported by HRH Prince Mohammad bin Salman, Deputy Crown Prince and Chairman of Council for Economic and Development Affairs. Young European Leadership acts as the European partner to give young Europeans the opportunity to participate in the MiSK Global Forum. For YEL delegates all costs are are completely covered, including airfare as well as accommodation and conference costs. YEL delegates will be registered as senior experts/guests.
- Be between 18-35 years of old at the time of the conference;
- Demonstrate a strong interest in the topic of the conference;
- Should (co-)lead or be otherwise significantly involved in (co-)developing ventures/businesses/(social) enterprises/nonprofits/other initiatives;
- Applicants are being selected based on the level of innovation and leadership they have proved in their initiatives as well as any success proven within the first year(s) of developing their initiatives and potential to inspire and teach/lead by example other entrepreneurs from the MENA region;
- Applicants are expected to (pro-) actively contribute to media activities, including but not limited to active engagement with YEL and the organizers on social media, giving interviews during the Forum, contribute a short blog post of about 500 words published via YEL;
- Expected to identify themselves clearly as members of the delegation of Young European Leadership before, during, and after the conference, in all material, press, and such alike related to the MiSK Global Forum;
- Expected to complete the form in its entirety and attach a CV, of max. 2 pages, in .pdf, in English.
- Expected to attach a high resolution profile picture with neutral background. Additional material supporting your application may be added.
- Airfare as well as accommodation and and other local conference costs are being covered by the organizers;
- For YEL delegates all costs are are completely covered, including airfare as well as accommodation and conference costs;
- YEL asks for a EUR 10 YEL contribution from all candidates who will attend the MiSK Global Forum as part of YEL’s delegation, to be submitted via PayPal.
How to apply?
In order to apply please fill the application form.
Failure to comply with the guidelines will lead to the immediate exclusion of the application process. YEL reserves the right to exclude individuals from the application process, discharge applicants from any appointments upon being selected, or to take any other steps deemed necessary, in cases such as, but not limited to:
- (Voluntarily or involuntarily) falsely provided information;
- Unlawful acts in any other regard;
- Disqualifies him- or herself via significant lack of performance or other aspects disqualifying him or her to represent YEL or participate at the Forum.
For more information please visit the official web page.