Open to: mid-career emerging leaders who have distinguished themselves within their own professions, regions, countries, or at an international level
Fellowship: travel allowance, housing, healthcare, and a generous stipend to cover living expenses
The Yale World Fellows Program seeks applications from mid-career emerging leaders who have distinguished themselves within their own professions, regions, countries, or at an international level. Successful applicants uniformly possess the extraordinary qualities of mind and character that strong leadership requires. Candidates for the Fellowship must demonstrate themselves to be driving forces for action or effective catalysts of change. In significant ways and in significant arenas, each must show promise of a career trajectory of increasing responsibility and impact.
World Fellows are selected from a wide range of fields and disciplines including government, business, nongovernmental organizations, religion, the military, media, and the arts. A selection committee aims to assemble a Fellowship group that is diverse, geographically balanced, and representative of a wide range of professions, talents, and perspectives.
Applications to the Greenberg World Fellows Program are accepted from across sectors and around the world. Each class of Fellows is a unique group: geographically balanced, and representative of a wide range of professions, talents, and perspectives. The 2017 program will run from mid-August to mid-December. Fellows are expected to be in residence at Yale for the duration of the program.
- Be in the Mid-Career Stage, at least five, and typically not more than 20, years into their careers, with demonstrated work accomplishments, and a clear indication of future contributions and excellence;
- The average age of a Greenberg World Fellow is 39, though there is no minimum or maximum age limit;
- Be fluent in English;
- Be a citizen of a country other than the United States, dual citizens are eligible, preference is given to candidates whose work is focused outside the US.
- A taxable stipend to cover the costs of living in New Haven;
- A modest, furnished one- or two-bedroom apartment for the duration of the program;
- Medical insurance;
- Round-trip travel from home country.
How to apply?
- Please note that application for admission to the Greenberg World Fellows Program is completely an online process. There are no paper forms to complete or mail.
- Prior to the deadline, you may work on your application at any time and submit it when you are ready. After creating an account and accessing the online application, you can upload materials and request your letters of recommendation.
- Please complete this form to be notified via e-mail when the online application for the 2017 Yale World Fellows Program is available.
If your question is unanswered, you may contact staff at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not send multiple emails regarding one issue, and please do not email staff individually.
For more information, please visit the official website.