Deadline: 25 September 2016
Open to: mid level civil servants with between 2 and 5 years of experience involved in policy formulation
Costs: all the costs covered including tuition fees at Science Po, accommodation and living allowances, visa costs (if Visa is needed), health insurance, flight tickets, English language test costs.
The European Commission and the British Council, announce the opening of the call for applications to the “EU Scheme for Young Professionals in the Western Balkans”, the pilot action for a regional executive training programme and exchange component for young civil servants from the six countries of the Western Balkans (Bosnia & Hercegovina, Montenegro, the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Kosovo*, Serbia and Albania), which is currently managed by the European Commission and implemented by the British Council.
Successful applicants will be offered the opportunity to attend an intensive 3 weeks (15 days) training at Sciences Po in Paris named “Executive Certificate in Management and Public Policy”, as well as to participate at the second part of the action, foreseeing a 2 weeks Regional Exchange Programme to promote the regional cooperation element of the EU integration process at the level of civil service. This Programme, whose working language is only English, up to 30 participants will be selected both in the training and the exchange part (up to 5 places are available for each country of the region).
- Civil servants with between 2 and 5 years of working experience in Public Administration in one of the six countries of the Western Balkans;
- Civil servants involved in policy formulation within the Prime Ministers’ Office (PMO), Ministry of Finance, planning and strategic units of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Ministry of European Integration;
- Citizens with a valid passport issued by the National Authority in one of the 6 Western Balkan countries. Passports of another country than the one where the applicant works as a civil servant are not acceptable;
- University graduates holding a valid BA and/or MA/MSc degree;
- Fluent in English with at least an upper-intermediate level (B2). Those candidates who already have a valid TOEFL/IELTS language certification will not be asked to participate to the second stage of selection (i.e. English language test) if they provide a valid proof of this certification with at least the same level of knowledge as above (B2 or equivalent);
- Available to travel and to move abroad from October 2016 to March 2017 ( see more as specified in the Rules of Procedures).
- Tuition fees at Science Po;
- Accommodation and living allowances;
- Visa costs (if Visa is needed);
- Health insurance;
- Flight tickets;
- English language test costs.
How to apply?
You need to fill out online application form. Applications will be open from 15 September 2016 and until 25 September 2016.