Deadline: 19 September 2016
Open to: candidates with University Degree (may be ongoing) in European Studies, Human Rights, Law, Political and Social Science – other degrees may also be considered
Remuneration: EUR 751/ month + public transport + lunch vouchers
EuroMed Rights was founded in January 1997 in response to the Barcelona Declaration of November 1995 and the establishment of the Euro-Mediterranean Partnership (EMP). It is the coordinating body of about 80 human rights organisations and institutions as well as individuals from over 30 countries. EuroMed Rights is looking to recruit a bright and enthusiastic intern to assist the Mashreq team in its work. The internship will start as soon as possible for a period of 3 months
The intern will assist the Mashreq team under the overall supervision of, and according to priorities set by the Mashreq and Turkey Advocacy Officer, including the following tasks:
- Support the Mashreq and Turkey Advocacy Officer and the Mashreq Advocacy Assistant with the practical and logistical organisation of activities, including sending invitation letters, setting up meetings, booking hotels, flights and trains, etc.;
- Participate in various meetings, take notes and prepare meeting reports and minutes;
- Maintain and update the database of advocacy contacts, when relevant in cooperation with the Communication Department.
- University Degree (may be ongoing) in European Studies, Human Rights, Law, Political and Social Science – other degrees may also be considered;
- Keen interest and preferably proven work experience in the protection of human rights, NGOs of the EU/Middle East;
- Fluency in English (oral and written) is imperative. Knowledge of Arabic will be an asset;
- Computer literacy in Word, basic Excel knowledge;
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in writing and orally;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Keen attention to details;
- Self-motivated, well-organised, able to work independently and efficiently under pressure.
CIP – Internship Convention EUR 751/ month + public transport + lunch vouchers.
How to Apply?
If you believe you qualify for this position, please send your CV and motivation letter (in English) by Monday 19 September 2016 to Marie Picalausa, Administrative, Financial & Human Resource Officer, at email@example.com
Interviews will take place on Wednesday 28 September 2016. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Download application here.
For more information, please visit the official website.