Deadline: 26 June 2016
Open to: students and young professionals, 20-35 years old, citizens of EU or Nato member countries or partnership for peace (PFP) partner countries
Venue: 4- 8 October 2016, Slovenia
Balkan SAYS – Security Architecture Youth Seminar is a youth oriented international security seminar. Its mission is to connect students and young professionals who will discuss important security topics with distinguished speakers and search for fresh views and new solutions to the most pressing issues of the Balkan region.
The fourth annual Balkan SAYS seminar is looking for aspiring students and young professionals who are eager to gain new knowledge and experience on important security challenges of the Balkan region.
The seminar is designed in the form of panel discussions and workshops focusing on the following topics:
- Integration of the Western Balkans’ countries into the Euro-Atlantic Organizations;
- Violent extremism and radicalism in the region as a threat to international peace and stability;
- Increased influx of refugees and migrants in the region;
- Balkan SEES 2050;
- Security challenges arising from Europe’s eastern neighbourhood.
The Balkan SAYS – Security Architecture Youth Seminar is intended for students, young professionals, youth leaders and active young people who are:
- 20 – 35 years of age;
- Citizens of EU or NATO member countries or Partnership for Peace (PfP) partner countries;
- With diverse range of experience and skills, particularly focusing on the security sector and familiar with the seminar topics;
- Able to fluently communicate and work in English language;
- Open to enrich their knowledge and awareness regarding the security and cooperation in the Balkans with a special emphasis to the issues of youth;
- Committed to prepare themselves for the conference, and be able to actively participate during the whole duration of the conference.
- Participation fee: EUR 50.00;
- The participation fee includes: 4 nights accommodation in shared double rooms (with arrival on 4 October 2016 and departure on 8 October 2016), meals, local transportation and conference materials;
- *Please be aware that the participation fee is nonrefundable. All costs regarding the bank transfer of the participation fee (Transfer fees) are to be covered by the applicant.
How to apply?
Please fill out the Balkan SAYS 2016 application form until 26 June 2016.
Once the application process is complete, selected participants will receive an acceptance letter via email with further details regarding the seminar. Non successful applicants will be informed accordingly.
For more information please contact the organizers on the email: firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the official website.