Open to: digital journalists with at least 3 years experiences in writing
Remuneration: commensurate with experience
BuzzFeed is the leading media company for the social age, intensely focused on delivering high-quality original reporting, insight, and viral content across a rapidly expanding array of subject areas. Technology powers the social distribution of content, detects what is trending on the web, and connects people in realtime with the hottest content of the moment. BuzzFeed is at the forefront of a major shift in the advertising industry away from traditional banner ads towards “social advertising” that engages consumers, inspires sharing, and produces social lift, or “earned media.”
- At least 3 years writing and editing essays for a web publication;
- Knowledge and experience of nonfiction writing at a professional level;
- Ability to write and edit quickly, while meeting a high bar of quality;
- Ability to give constructive feedback and develop both emerging and experienced writers;
- Good organizational skills;
- Proven understanding of the kinds of content that generates engagement online in India, and the ability to articulate those qualities.
- Work with the India editor-in-chief and other BuzzFeed editors to develop and execute a strategy for feature-style essays;
- Build and maintain a database of freelance writers with the demonstrable ability to write shareable essays;
- Solicit pitches via a network of freelancers and on social media;
- Commission topical essays based on trending themes at least once per week;
- Write original essays whenever necessary and whenever possible;
- Work with other BuzzFeed editors to edit commissioned essays for optimal structure, length, quality, and traction;
- Experiment with formats and styles to keep building a bank of data about essay performances on BuzzFeed India.
How to apply?
If you are interested in applying, fill out online application form here.
For more information, please visit the official website.