Deadline: 10 June 2016
Open to: students that obtained a Master´s degree in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Pharmacy, Neurobiology or relevant subject area prior to the starting date
Scholarship: minimum monthly salary is DKK 25,555.59 around EUR 3,435 (taxable) + pension contribution
Department of Drug Design and Pharmacology is offering a three-year PhD fellowship in pharmacology. The PhD fellowship is financed by the Department of Drug Design and Pharmacology. The fellowship is commencing 1 August 2016 or as soon as possible thereafter.
Your key tasks as a PhD fellow at the Faculty are to:
- Carry through an independent research project under supervision;
- Write scientific articles and the PhD thesis on the grounds of your research project;
- Complete PhD courses or other equivalent education corresponding to approx. 30 ECTS points;
- Obtain experience with teaching or other types of dissemination related to your PhD project;
- Participate in the undergraduate teaching of students in pharmaceutical sciences;
- Participate in national and international congresses and scientific meetings;
- Stay at an external research institution, preferably abroad.
As an applicant you must have:
- Obtained a Master´s degree in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Pharmacy, Neurobiology or relevant subject area prior to the starting date;
- Certification in FELASA C course in Laboratory Animal Sciences;
- Fluency in English and excellent communication skills.
They are looking for a highly motivated individual with a strong background in/experience with:
- Rodent in vivo neuropharmacology research, preferably within ADHD or other neuropsychiatric disorders;
- Experience with rCPT or similar tasks such as the 5-CSRTT or 5-CPT;
- Experience with experimental design and advanced statistical analysis;
- Good oral presentation skills.
Salary and other terms and conditions of appointment are set in accordance with the Agreement between the Ministry of Finance and AC (Danish Confederation of Professional Associations) or other relevant professional organizations.
Minimum monthly salary is DKK 25,555.59 around EUR 3,435 (taxable) + pension contribution.
How to apply?
Your online application must contain:
- Cover letter: Letter stating the interest in and qualifications for the project (max. one page);
- Full CV;
- Diploma and transcripts of records: Master´s degree diploma (including grade transcripts for bachelor´s and master´s degrees). Applicants with a Master´s degree from abroad should also enclose a short description of the grading scale used;
- Possible publication list;
- Other information to consider: Possible references and recommendations.
For more information please visit the official website.