PhD Scholarships in Risk & Emergency Management

Deadline: 12 April 2016
Open to: international students with University Degree, preferably in Engineering, Geophysics, Physics, Economics or similar
Scholarship: EUR 1,000 net per month


Up to eleven PhD scholarships will be offered by UME Graduate School in Italy. International students can apply for these PhD scholarships. UME Graduate School’s main objective is to provide high quality, comprehensive educational and training opportunities that are compatible to changing needs of the students. The new Masters and PhD Programmes in Risk and Emergency Management (REM) aim to train graduates and professionals in the assessment, mitigation and management of extreme events (both before and after they occur), with a primary focus on those arising from natural hazards and a secondary focus on human-made, technological and biomedical risk.


  • International students;
  • The minimum requirement to apply for the REM Programme is a University Degree, preferably in Engineering, Geophysics, Physics, Economics or similar, that allows the candidate to be enrolled in a PhD programme in the country it was obtained;
  • Adequate proficiency of English language (a score of at least 88 (internet-based exam), 230 (computer-based exam), 570 (paper-based exam) in the TOEFL test; a score of 6 or more obtained with IELTS; a degree obtained in an English speaking environment).


  • Candidates admitted to the UME School are generally awarded a doctoral scholarship worth about EUR 1,000 net per month;
  • The duration of the scholarship is 36 months and can be increased by up to 50% during periods abroad;
  • The scholarship is sufficient for covering all general living and accommodation expenses.

How to Apply?

The mode of application is onlineThe applications for the academic year 2016/2017 will close on April 12, 2016, at 13:00, Italian time. In order to complete the application form applicant must upload the following documents:

  • Curriculum vitae et studiorum;
  • Copy of diploma certificate(s) (in Italian or English);
  • Transcript of attended courses and professional qualifications (in Italian or English);
  • Copy of passport or national identity card;
  • English language test certificate (or waiver referring to previous courses, work experience in English speaking countries, etc.).

For more information please visit the official website.

Leave a Reply