Deadline: 9 October 2015
Open to: applicants with a University degree of at least three years in a relevant field and with excellent command of English
Remuneration: minimum remuneration of EUR 700 (net) per month
Euro Coop is the voice of the cooperative retailers in Europe. It brings together the national associations of consumer cooperatives in 19 European countries, which represent 4,500 local/regional cooperatives, employing 500,000 citizens across Europe, operating 36,000 stores, which serve 32 million consumer-members daily. Euro Coop’s members together are Europe’s strongest retail force – accounting for EUR 76 billion in annual turnover from sales. Euro Coop’s Secretariat in Brussels represents the interests of its members before the European Institutions and facilitates the inter-member exchange between the national associations.
Euro Coop offers a 6-month working experience within communications. The communications intern manages the Euro Coop communications plan on a daily basis and is in direct supervision of the Communications Manager. Furthermore, in coordination with the other team members of Euro Coop, the intern makes sure that internal and external communications are precise and effective. Main tasks of Communications intern are as follow:
- Intern will help managing the existing communication tools, and in particular two associations’ websites and newsletters (one monthly, one quarterly);
- Intern will contribute outlining the future communications strategy of Euro Coop;
- Intern will liaise with the other staff members to produce contents that are then distributed through existing communication tools;
- Intern will work closely on a daily basis with the Communications Manager of an affiliate association – Cooperatives Europe.
All applicants should possess following skills and experience:
- University degree of at least three years in a relevant field – an advanced university communications degree and/or international relations is an asset;
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, especially in a written form;
- Excellent command of English, both spoken and written – additional language skills are an asset, in particular French;
- Experience in conducting primary and secondary research with good report writing skills;
- Knowledge of the functioning of the EU;
- Acquaintance of social media and creation/management of websites is an asset;
- Ability to work in a small, multi-cultural team;
- Perfect command of Microsoft Office package; ability to use graphic design related software is an asset.
The minimum remuneration of the position will be EUR 700 (net) per month.
How to apply?
The deadline for applications is 9 October 2015. If you are interested in this position, please submit your CV as well as a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. The cover letter should obligatory contain the following elements:
- Your motivation to apply;
- An explanation of how your (relevant) skills and experience match the intern specifications. In explaining your skills and experience, please use relevant personal examples to support your case (max ½ page);
- A specification of when you could start at the earliest.
For more information please visit the official website.