Deadline: 16 March 2016
Open to: experienced researchers of all nationalities who have a doctorate or at least four years’ full-time equivalent research experience
Fellowship: funds half the salary of the researcher for the duration of the project and covers additional relevant and justifiable costs relating to mobility
VINNOVA invites researchers and organisations to submit project financing proposals under the call VINNMER Marie Curie Incoming. At least 100 researchers are expected to be made VINNMER Marie Curie Fellows throughout the Mobility for Growth programme. The call VINNMER Marie Curie Incoming is for funding incoming mobility of experienced researchers in possession of a doctorate or at least four years’ full time equivalent research experience. The researcher should be outside Sweden at the time of the application and spend at least 67 percent of the project duration in Sweden.
The overall objective is to contribute significantly to private-public or public-public sector collaboration and mobility as well as career development for highly qualified future leaders, in all sectors of the economy, with innovation skills in applied and needs-driven research. The Swedish-based organisation (industry, small and medium sized enterprises, research institutes, universities, public organisations, etc.) is the applicant and formal recipient of the grant but the researcher should be the project leader for the research project and the main author of the application. Fellowships are awarded for 12-36 months.
- The call, VINNMER Marie Curie Incoming targets internationally experienced researchers of all nationalities currently working outside Sweden who have a doctorate or at least four years’ full-time equivalent research experience in collaborating with private and/or public sector organisations. For highly experienced researchers (more than ten years’ full-time equivalent research experience) collaboration is optional;
- At the proposal submission deadline, the researcher must not have resided or conducted his/her main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Sweden (the country of the host organisation) for more than 12 months in the three years immediately prior to the call deadline;
- The call targets international researchers interested in transnational mobility as a career development option, as well as Swedish private or public R&I organisations (as host organisations) which promote and invest in key people and value-collaboration between private and public sectors as a pathway to success;
- Current or former VINNMER Fellows may not apply to VINNMER Marie Curie Incoming;
- The project must be initiated no later than 12 months of the proposal assessment;
The project must be implemented within 12-36 months.
The grant is intended to fund half the salary of the researcher (project leader) for the duration of the project. It also covers additional relevant and justifiable costs relating to mobility:
- Travel, Per diem;
- Increased living costs;
- Extra support for fellows with families (e.g. school fees);
- Training and conference fees;
- Financial support for PhD students mentored by the researcher in the international organisation to enable mentoring at the Swedish organisation (max. SEK 50 000/year/student for travel costs, subsistence and accommodation);
- Other relevant costs (to be specified).
How to apply?
The deadline for applications is 16 March 2016. Applications are submitted electronically through the application service to VINNOVA’s e-Services Portal. For information about the content of the application, see the section “Application content” in the official Call for proposals.
For more information please visit the official website and read the Call for proposals.