Deadline: 30 November 2015
Open to: any individual, team, organisation or enterprise / engineers and designers
from any region in the world
Prizes: 1st place EUR 50,000; second place EUR 30,000; third place EUR 20,000 and a further EUR 5,000 will be awarded to 20 runners up
The “empowering people. Network” (epN) is an initiative of Siemens Stiftung that promotes appropriate technological solutions for the major areas of basic supply in developing regions.
The Network supports creative inventors and entrepreneurs, who run impact-oriented organizations and social enterprises of different types and in different stages. Siemens Stiftung has, since the last contest, developed a comprehensive and growing Solutions Database showcasing the most promising innovations. Putting such inventions in an international spotlight, making their social impact potential visible fosters a climate of cooperation between developer and user on the ground. As members of the “empowering people. Network” the showcased projects are also supported through virtual and regional workshops, training and coaching.
Submitting enterprises should fulfill the following criteria:
- The enterprise develops solutions or products which have the potential of social impact for people in developing and emerging countries;
- The enterprise develops solutions or products which are already successfully implemented to improve basic supply in developing or emerging countries;
- The enterprise has a strong focus on job creation;
- The enterprise follows values such as fairness, social responsibility and self-sustainability;
- The enterprise is not a micro finance institution, private equity fund or deposit taking institution.
Applicants should follow the TERMS & CONDITIONS available HERE
- First place EUR 50,000;
- Second place EUR 30,000;
- Third place EUR 20,000;
- EUR 5,000 for 20 runners up;
- A Community Prize EUR 5,000.
The winners will further receive promotion on an international scale with global public relations activities ensuring wide visibility. They will become members of an international Network that offers essential support, valuable know-how, helpful insights and connections.
How to apply?
Deadline for application is 30 November 2015.
For more information please visit the official website.