Deadline: 21 August 2015
Open to: international students and young professionals
Venue: 14-17 October 2015, Slovenia
The Euro-Atlantic Council of Slovenia is a voluntary, non-profit and non-governmental interest and expert association. It aim is to contribute to an active role played by the Republic of Slovenia in ensuring peace, security, and democratic stability in the Euro-Atlantic area through the EU and NATO. In order to accomplish it is goals, the Council acts either alone or in cooperation with NATO, EU, Slovenian governmental institutions, and other partner organisations, associations and institutions, such as the Slovenian Association for International Relations, Pan-European Movement, Friedrich-Ebert Stiftung, etc.
Balkan SAYS-Security Architecture Youth Seminar is a youth oriented international seminar. It mission is to connect students and young professional who will discuss important security topics with distinguished speakers and search for fresh views and new solutions to the most pressing issues of the Balkan region.
The seminar is designed in the form of panel discussions and workshops focusing on the following topics:
- Integration of the Western Balkan countries into the Euro-Atlantic Organizations;
- Violent extremism and radicalism;
- Energy security in the Western Balkans;
- Ukrainian crisis and its implications for the European security.
The organizers are looking for 40 exceptional students and young professionals with diverse professional and academic backgrounds. The Balkan SAYS – Security Architecture Youth Seminar is intended for students, young professionals, youth leaders and active young people who are:
- 20 – 35 years of age;
- Citizens of EU or NATO member countries or Partnership for Peace (PfP) partner countries;
- With diverse range of experience and skills, particularly focusing on the security sector and familiar with the seminar topics;
- Able to fluently communicate and work in English language;
- Open to enrich their knowledge and awareness regarding the security and cooperation in the Balkans with a special emphasis to the issues of youth;
- Committed to prepare themselves for the conference, and be able to actively participate during the whole duration of the conference.
Participation fee: EUR 60.
The participation fee includes: 3 nights accommodation in shared double rooms (with arrival on 14 October 2015 and departure on 17 October 2015), meals, local transportation and conference materials.
Please be aware that the participation fee is non-refundable. All costs regarding the bank transfer of the participation fee (Transfer fees) are to be covered by the applicant.
Partial travel reimbursement will be available for selected participants upon presentation of travel receipts and invoices. The total amount of available reimbursement will be decided on a case by case bases.
How to apply?
The deadline for application is 21 August 2015. Please fill out the application form. Once the application process is complete, selected participants will receive an acceptance letter via email with further details regarding the seminar. Non successful applicants will be informed accordingly.
For further information please send email at Balkan.firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information please visit the official website the official website.