Deadline: 20 August 2015
Open to: applicants experienced in management, preferably within higher education administration with a keen interest in the improvement of the situation of Roma in Europe and with at least a Master’s degree
Remuneration: a competitive salary
CEU invites applications for the position of Director, Roma Access Programs. Central European University’s Roma Access Programs (RAP) offers a graduate preparatory program (the Roma Graduate Preparation Program – RGPP) and an intensive English language program for Roma BA graduates (the Roma English Language Program – RELP). RAP has recently celebrated its 10th anniversary. RAP reflects CEU’s values and mission of furthering open society through high-quality education, fostering dialogue on pressing problems of our time and civic commitment focused on addressing the situation of Roma communities.
The RAP Director is responsible for the overall administration of the Roma Access Programs which is supervised by CEU’s Provost. The successful applicant will work in close cooperation with the Academic Director and the English Language Program Director who are responsible for the pedagogic content of the programs and with the administrative team of the Unit, currently comprising a Program Manager and coordinators. The administrative team is supervised by the Director who reports to the Provost. CEU invites applicants motivated by the task of leading a well-established program making an outstanding contribution to the lives and communities of Roma in Europe through education.
The position includes following principle tasks:
- Overall leadership, financial and human resources management of the Roma Access Program (RAP);
- Development of a long-term strategy for the Unit that would include outreach, recruitment and selection, career development of students in close collaboration with the Open Society Roma Initiatives Office as well as a fundraising plan;
- Representing the work of the Unit in and beyond the university, especially in the field of Roma-related stakeholders and initiatives;
- Responsibility for financial management, including responsibility for submission of financial reports to donors;
- Organizing mid-program and end-of-program evaluations and follow-up actions and conducting staff evaluations;
- Ensuring continuous improvements through monitoring and commissioning impact assessments/external evaluation of the programs that include the views of the students and key stakeholders and follow-up actions;
- Leading Unit-level fundraising efforts for the program in close cooperation with CEU’s Development Office;
- Fostering existing and developing new relationships with partners from education, policy and activist circles and with donors;
- Developing, with the Academic Director, education opportunities at international universities for RGPP students;
- Liaising with CEU career services, Roma Initiatives Office and other stakeholders to establish appropriate career and developmental programs for RELP and RGPP students.
The ideal candidate should have:
- Commitment and track record on working on the improvement of the situation of Roma in Europe;
- Track record and experience in management, preferably within higher education administration;
- Knowledge of and work experience in the field of minority rights in Europe, preference will be given to candidates who combine this with experience in education rights and equal opportunities of Roma;
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and spoken; in addition, knowledge of Romani language would be an advantage;
- Very good educational background and experience, candidates with at least an MA degree and experience in a University with an international student environment will be looked on favorably.
CEU offers a competitive salary that is commensurate with experience as well as a dynamic and international academic environment. The position is for three years and is renewable.
How to apply?
The deadline for applications is 20 August 2015. Applicants should submit following documents:
- A letter outlining your vision as Director of RAP;
- Names and contact details of at least two referees, one of whom should be a current or previous employer.
Please send your complete application package to: firstname.lastname@example.org – including job code in subject line: 2015/036.
For more information please follow the official website.