Deadline: 12 June 2015
Open to: all passionate photographers who are older then 18
Prizes: a paid trip to Malaysia to participate in the 16th International Anti-Corruption Conference
Corruption has devastating effects that can be difficult to illustrate. But images are also powerful tools in raising awareness and bringing about change. Transparency International is currently hosting the Capture Corruption global photo competition with its main theme – Illustrate the negative effects that corruption has on your world. Participants are invited to submit photos that show how corruption affects people’s lives. Competitions organised in partnership with the Thomson Reuters Foundation and the International Anti-Corruption Conference series. There are two age categories in the competition:
- 18-30 years old
- 31 years old and older
Whether you’re a student who photographs as a hobby, a professional photographer or are just looking for inspiration to use your new camera– everyone can apply, but to be an eligible participant of the photo competition, applicants must be 18 years old or older on 15 July 2015. Employees or those associated with Transparency International and its chapter affiliates are ineligible to apply for the competition as are employees of Thomson Reuters and Thomson Reuters Foundation.
The jury will award three winners in each category:
- 1st Prize – A paid trip to Malaysia to participate in the 16th International Anti-Corruption Conference (2-4 September 2015) and participation in a Thomson Reuters Foundation Photo Journalist course. The all-expenses paid course will combine theory with practical work, and a focus on building a portfolio worthy of publication on the Reuters news wire.
- 2nd Prize – €500
- 3rd Prize – €250
The photographic work of all winners and seven runners-up in each category will be published on the Transparency International website and the Thomson Reuters Foundation website.
How to apply?
The deadline for application is 12 June 2015. There is no fee associated with entering the competition. To apply please follow the instruction on the official website in the section TAKE PART. For successful application you have to meet following requirements:
- Each entrant may submit a maximum of 3 photos, in digital formats (JPEG/GIF/TIFF). We will also accept mobile photo entries.
- The maximum file size is 10mb per photo;
- Minimum resolution of 300 DPI is required;
- The relevant age category as outlined previously must be selected;
- Photo submissions must be unpublished;
- By submitting an entry, the contestant confirms that he/she owns the right to all his/her photo(s), including intellectual property, and that the rights of a person or persons included in his/her photo(s) (subject) have not been violated. This is further addressed in the Terms and Conditions section;
- Entries depicting violence, racism or pornography will result in immediate disqualification;
- Captions are critical. Each photo must be accompanied with a short conceptualisation caption (maximum 600 characters). Well-written captions are needed so that judges understand the context of the image. Only captions in English, French, German and Spanish languages will be accepted for the entry to the competition;
For inspiration is possible to see winning photographs from the last competition HERE.
If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information please check the official website.