Deadline: 2 March 2015
Open to: candidates with at least 3 years of experience in international youth work (professional or volunteering)
Remuneration: regular salary
Youth for Exchange and Understanding (YEU) was founded in Strasbourg in 1986 by a group of 120 young people from 11 different countries. In 1989 they were recognized as a member association of the European Coordination Bureau (E.C.B.). Today they are a member of the European Youth Forum. There are young people from over 30 countries from across Europe and Africa involved in the organizational activities. As an international network, they are the representative body of their members in contacts with the institutions and partners in the youth field.
In addition, the organization is seeking for Project Officer to be responsible for fundraising of the administrative and project expenses and project coordination on temporary basis until 30 April 2016 with possibility for extension. The person selected need to be familiar with NGOs, youth work and non-formal education.
The Project Officer should start working from 1 May 2015 and it will be based in Brussels, Belgium.
The tasks of the Project Officer will include:
- Preparation and implementation of the fundraising proposals to the different stakeholders: business sector, foundations and national/regional/local authorities;
- Implementation of YEU projects in coordination with other staff members;
- Overall project preparation with special attention on co-funding; coordination and management of project documentation;
- Support to member organisations to develop their capacities in fundraising and project management;
- Writing of the applications, monitoring, analyses and final reporting of the international activities;
- Regular contacts and development of relations with external partners and stakeholders;
- Supporting the office in administrative tasks and reporting to the Secretary General.
The ideal candidate should have:
- At least 3 years of experience in international youth work (professional and/or volunteer);
- Experience in fundraising from different sources;
- Excellent project management and event management skills (Please mention projects and initiatives implemented from the preparatory phase until its realization with the relevant references);
- Good understanding of youth work and non-formal education;
- Good communication skills, empathy, tolerance and team spirit;
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines set by external stakeholders and internal procedures;
- Very good knowledge of the European institutions and business sector;
- Excellent knowledge (written and oral) of English and preferably French;
- Has a sensitivity to cultural differences with ability to work in an international and intercultural environment;
- Good IT skills;
- Be able to motivate colleagues and volunteers and coordinate international teams;
- Willingness to travel regularly and be flexible with working hours.
The project officer will have an opportunity to develop their skills and gain experience working for an International Network. They will work in intercultural, friendly and exiting working environment. In addition, there is a one year full time contract (38 hours per week) under Belgian law provided. The salary also includes standard benefits such as public transport reimbursement.
How to apply?
Interested candidates should send their CV and motivation letter in YEU database until 2 March 2015. Please note that only candidates short-listed for an interview will be contacted until March 9th 2015. Interviews will be held in Brussels in March 2015. YEU is an equal opportunities employer in accordance with the values of non-discrimination, regardless of age, gender and sexual orientation, social and cultural background, political or religious belief.