Deadline: 30 April 2015
Open to: photographers of all nationalities who have already completed a significant body of work with an approach close to that of documentary
Presented by the Fondation Henri Cartier-Bresson, the HCB Award is a prize to stimulate a photographer’s creativity by offering the opportunity to carry out a project that would otherwise be difficult to achieve. It is intended for a photographer who have already completed a significant body of work, a talented photographer in the emerging phase of his or her career, with an approach close to that of documentary. Eighteen months after the reception of the prize, the winner will have an exhibition of his work at the Fondation HCB in Paris and a catalogue will be published.
The HCB Award is open to photographers of all nationalities who have already completed a significant body of work with an approach close to that of documentary. Candidates should be nominated by an institution.
The HCB Award is 35,000 Euros. The winner must use the prize for carrying out a project which would otherwise be hard to accomplish within the normal conditions of his activity.
Completed applications must include the following documents:
- A brief memo signed by the nominating institution presenting its recommendation and justifying their nominee(one typed page maximum, in English and/or in French).
- A selection of 15 to 20 photographs by the candidate (maximum size of the prints 30 x 40 cm, not framed, no slides). Books or printed material are accepted and welcome.
- A brief memo (2 typed pages maximum) from the candidate outlining the project for which he wishes to receive the award. In this note, the candidate has to agree to have finalized the project in September 2016 at the latest in order to meet the deadline for the exhibit and the publication of the catalogue . This memo has to be written in French and in English and signed by the candidate.
- A concise biography of the candidate’s professional background, exhibitions, publications, grants and prizes received.
- The application form, must be completed and signed by the candidate.
Applications must be sent by registered email to:
HCB Award, Fondation Henri Cartier-Bresson
2 impasse Lebouis
75014 PARIS – FRANCE
The deadline is 30 April 2015. The winner will be announced at the end of June.
For further information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.