Deadline: 28 February 2015
Open to: Bachelor or Master students in Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics or Engineering
Fellowship: CHF 90 (EUR 75) per day, travel allowance, health insurance
CERN openlab was created in 2001 to tackle the LHC (Large Hadron Collider) computing, data and infrastructure challenges. This is a unique public-private partnership between CERN and leading ICT companies. Its mission is to accelerate the development of leading-edge solutions to be used by the worldwide LHC community.
By joining the CERN openlab Summer Student Programme, you will work with some of the latest hardware and software technologies and see how advanced IT solutions are used in high energy physics. During two full months corresponding to nine weeks you will have the opportunity to attend a series of lectures developed for the CERN openlab Summer Students, given by IT experts on advanced CERN-related topics. Included in the programme are also visits at the CERN facilities and experiments as well as other research laboratories and companies.
Possible dates of stay are:
- 22 June to 21 August 2015
- 29 June to 28 August 2015
- 6 July to 4 September 2015
- You must be a Bachelor or Master student in Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics or Engineering.
- You have completed, by summer 2015, at least three years of full-time studies at university level.
- You will remain registered as a student during your stay at CERN. If you expect to graduate during summer 2015, you are also eligible to apply.
- You have not worked at CERN before (ie as a User or a Technical Student).
- A good knowledge of English is mandatory; knowledge of French would be an advantage.
- An allowance of CHF 90 (EUR 75) per day during contractual dates
- Travel allowance (on a lump sum basis)
- Health insurance Scheme during your stay
Application deadline is 28 February 2015. Register and apply online HERE.
- At least one recommendation letter by university supervisor(s)
- A motivation letter with an indication of the preferred area of work
- University declaration for the current year
For more information read the official call HERE.