Deadline: 10 December 2014
Open to: students of political science or related program
In 2013, the International Association for Political Science (IAPSS) started organizing Study Trips to destinations with high relevance to students of political science and related studies. IAPSS Study Trips are organized by three Study Trip Coordinators in close cooperation with the Head of the IAPSS Events Department. They are currently looking for a new IAPSS Study Trip Coordinator that is interested in taking over the position from December 2014 onward, focusing on Study Trips planned for 2015: Brussels, Georgia, India and Berlin.
As an IAPSS Study Trip Coordinator you will work home-based, focusing on the entire program, the organizational framework and financial administration of the respective IAPSS study trips. The Head of the IAPSS Events Department, as well as current Study Trip Coordinators, will be of constant support and assistance to your work. Generally, the position of IAPSS Study Coordinator includes the following main tasks:
- set-up of the trips’ programs, incl. the process of conceptualizing as well as communication with prospective partners (state institutions, diplomatic missions, supranational institutions, mass and local media, civil society actors and non-governmental organizations, research institutes, universities, cultural institutions and student unions)
- set-up of trip related budgets and their administration before, during and after the successful realization of the study trips
- set-up of Call for Applications as well as the registration and selection process of applicants/applications for participation
- set-up of all logistical and administrative arrangements, incl. accommodation during the trips, visa support to participants in need of permits/visas, planning of arrival and departure as well as on-site transportation
- co-coordination of the study trips on-site
- students currently enrolled in a political science or related program (B.A., M.A. or PhD)
- a high degree of responsibility, motivation, self-initiative and dedication, but also reliability and flexibility for team work in a very international environment
- proficiency in English (proficiency in an official language of one of the upcoming destinations is desirable)
- strong communication skills, as work is usually done by e-mail and phone communication
- used and willing to work with a high degree of organizational and conceptual freedom, but punctual and committed to adhere to work related frameworks
Application deadline is 10 December 2014.
Send your letter of motivation (max. 1 page) referring to your experiences, skills and interests and your CV (max. 3 pages) to email@example.com.
In case of any questions or inquiries contact firstname.lastname@example.org.