Deadline: 5 September 2016
Open to: candidates who are proactive, critical and flexible thinkers and problem solvers and who have very good organisational, written and verbal communication skills
Remuneration: gross monthly salary for a P1 position is EUR 2,754
The European Youth Forum is recruiting a project coordinator for a project run in cooperation with the City of Maastricht and the Province of Limburg. The project is to design, plan and organise the YO!Fest, a political youth festival, in Maastricht on 7th February 2017.
The successful candidate will be part of the Policy and Advocacy Department, working under the direct supervision of the Head of Department. You will work together in a team of three to deliver a successful contribution of the Youth Forum to this event, liaising with the different teams internally and the different partners externally, especially the city of Maastricht. The tasks will be co-ordinated within the team and a flexible approach will be needed to ensure the smooth execution of the event.
- Very good organisational, written and verbal communication skills;
- A proactive, critical and flexible thinker, and problem solver;
- Able to work under own initiative and as part of a team on a common project;
- Sociable and service oriented, at ease in a multicultural environment;
- Capacity to multi-task and coordinate several projects simultaneously, demonstrating excellent time management and organisational skills in stressful situations. Fluency in English (knowledge of Dutch would be an asset);
- Computer literacy, with good working knowledge of word processing, e-mail and internet applications.
- Ability to travel and to work flexible hours and on weekends, when required;
- Ability to live in Brussels or the surrounding area.
- Experience of large scale events planning and management;
- Experience in dealing with numerous stakeholders and partners at the same time;
- Experience in coordinating the work effectively, using all the competences present in the team;
- Experience in youth organisations, non-formal education and designing/ facilitating educational processes.
- The contract is full time (35 hours per week) and the gross monthly salary for a P1 position according to the Collective Bargaining Agreement currently applied at the European Youth Forum) is EUR 2,754.
- A relocation package, hospitalisation insurance and other benefits are available.
- Travel expenses within the Brussels region are covered by the European Youth Forum.
How to apply?
To apply to this vacancy you need to login or register HERE, latest by 5 September 2016.
For more information, please visit the official website.