Deadline: 1 February 2015
Open to: worldwide
Prize: traveling around the world and job offer
Schneider Electric invites you to its fifth annual Go Green in the City global business case challenge. Enter for a chance to revolutionize energy management and gain unique insight into one of the leading global energy management companies.
Your task is to come up with an intelligent idea for efficient energy management in the city. The idea should address one of the challenges related to growing cities and the energy dilemma, and present an innovative solution for it. You can present it as a textual description (max. 300 words) or as an infographic! Please see below for format specifications. Work on the case together with your partner and submit your idea.
In order to compete you need to meet the following requirements:
- Business and engineering students, eighteen (18) years of age or older, pursuing their bachelor’s (at least 2nd year), master’s or MBA degree are eligible to compete;
- Go Green in the City 2015 is open to two-member teams with at least one female member (note: both members must comply with the degree requirements stated above);
- Both of the team members must study in the same country for the duration of the competition. They are not, however, required to be from the same university, nor are they required to study the same subject or be in the same year, as long as they are not in their first year of their undergraduate education;
- English language competency is required;
- Teams from all over the world are welcome to compete.
- Members of the winning team will receive an opportunity to work with Schneider Electric and also win a world tour as they visit Schneider Electric offices in two different countries.
- Finalists will receive a digital certificate for winning the semi-finals for their region and also a memento from the Go Green in the City final competition. All finalists are invited to the final event in Paris; all travel and accommodation expenses will be covered by Schneider Electric.
- Semi-finalists will receive a digital certificate for their accomplishment in the challenge. They will also get an opportunity to work with a mentor from Schneider Electric and a chance to complete a digital interview. All participants will receive a digital certificate of participation sent to the email address used for registration.
- Go Green Champs — the three teams that have the highest total score for the completed quizzes.As a Go Green Champ, you could win a visit to your local Schneider Electric office, a lunch opportunity with a Schneider Electric executive or a 30-minute Skype session with one of the previous years’ winners!
- Social Media Award – Let your friends know about your participation in Go Green in the City and encourage them to support your team! You can invite your friends to leave a recommendation for you and your teammate on your Public Team page stating why you and your idea deserve to win. The three teams with the highest number of recommendations collected on the Public Team page will win a 30-minute Skype session with a Schneider Electric mentor to give them guidance on preparing their case solution. Competition organizers reserve the right to alter the nature of the reward without prior notice.
- Sign up for the competition HERE by entering your name and email;
- Fill out your Profile page;
- Form your team on the Team page;
- Submit a great idea;
- Finalize the competition submission by the application deadline.