Deadline: 22 October 2014
Open to: international students older than 18
Prize: 4,000 US dollars
InternationalStudent.com is accepting entries for its Travel Video Contest. They want the best video you can make, no more than five minutes long, that tells about your proposed study abroad. If you are already an international student, the video can tell about any trip you would like to take. Over the years, they have had all kinds of winners – wonderful animations, creative stop motion films, talented performers, beautiful videography, and simply compelling stories.
In order to be eligible to enter the contest you need to be: 18 or older and already enrolled or planning to enroll in college or university outside of your home country.
The deadline for applications is 11:59 PM, EST on Wednesday, 22 October 2014. There are some rules and regulations you need to pay attention to when you are going to submit your application:
- If you are currently studying outside of your home country, your video can describe any trip you would like to take. If you are not currently studying outside of your home country, your entry must describe your proposed study abroad.
- Don’t title your video with any of the following words: Dream & Journey;
- High quality video, HD is preferred;
- Record the best quality sound possible. If you can’t be heard or understood, it’s not going to get any positive attention.
There is a Grant Prize for the winner and it is 4,000 US dollars. A Viewer’s Choice Award, and other runner up prizes are also available.
There are several ways to send your entry in the contest:
- By uploading to Vimeo (best way), YouTube or another online video service. You will need to email them the link of your video;
- By uploading the video file to an online sharing service like Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, or the like. You will need to email them the link to the file and make sure that the file is publicly available;
- By mailing us a mini DV or DVD.
Also you need to send the application form along with the link to your video at: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information please visit the official webpage.