Deadline: 26 January 2016
Open to: amateurs and professional video-graphers, ages 18-30
Prizes: A three-day trip to New Delhi, India
The International Monetary Fund and the Government of India will convene a high-level Asia conference in 2016 to take stock of the region’s strong economic performance, its increased resilience to shocks, and its ongoing economic policy challenges. The Advancing Asia conference will bring together notable leaders from business and civil society, policymakers, and academics. It will be held in New Delhi from March 11 to 13, 2016. As part of the communications campaign for this conference, the IMF is launching a video contest with the aim of engaging with youth from the Asia-Pacific region. The Advancing Asia conference welcomes creative videos about the region’s dynamic economy and the economic challenges facing the region. The selection will be based on originality, technical excellence and artistic merit. The competition is looking for videos from young videographers of all abilities capturing through their own lenses the realities, challenges, and interesting stories of the Asia-Pacific region.
ADVANCING ASIA CONFERENCE YOUTH VIDEO CONTEST is seeking videos from young videographers of all abilities, ages 18 – 30, capturing through their own lenses the realities, challenges, and interesting stories from the region. All contestants—whether they use cameras or mobile phones—are asked to submit original videos (or animations) reflecting one or more of the following themes:
- Economic development in Asia and the Pacific
- Infrastructure development in Asia and the Pacific
- Challenges and opportunities in Asia and the Pacific
- Gender equality in your country
- Social realities in your country
- Solutions for a better future in your country
- A three-day trip to New Delhi, India, during the Advancing Asia conference (March 11—13, 2016). To be eligible for this prize, participants must have a valid passport and be able to secure a visa to enter India in time for the conference. For Indian citizens, they could present any government-issued identification card with birth date and photo, if they don’t have a passport.
- The questions posed on the winning videos will be posted during the conference.
How to apply?
All entries must be submitted electronically, through the official website
More information on the conference can be found here
For more information about the contest, please check out the official website.