Deadline: 30 September 2013
Open to: candidates with extremely good organisation, planning and management of events skills; fluency in English and ideally in French
Salary: will be indicated in the process
The European Youth Forum (YFJ) is the Platform of Youth Organisations in Europe. Independent, democratic and youth-led, it represents 98 National Youth Councils and International Youth Organisations from across the Continent. The Youth Forum works to empower young people to participate actively in society to improve their own lives, by representing and advocating their needs and interests and those of their organisations towards the European Institutions, the Council of Europe and the United Nations.
The Forum is recruiting a Project coordinator for a project run in cooperation with the European Parliament. The project is a European Youth Event, taking place 9-11 May 2014 in Strasbourg. The EYE 2014 will comprise a large variety of activities run under the motto “Ideas for a better Europe” in a political, social and cultural sense. It will gather 5000 young Europeans.
The successful candidate will be part of the Policy and Advocacy Department , working under the direct supervision of the Head of Department. You will be responsible to coordinate the work of a small team to deliver a successful contribution of the Youth Forum to the EYE event, liaising with the different teams internally and the different partners externally
- Coordination of the team working on the EYE event and reporting effectively of the work achieved
- Lead the preparations for the EYE, ensuring the implementation of the grant received for that event
- Ensuring that the different activities, logistics and preparations are going according to the plan
- Ensuring a smooth and fruitful cooperation with the European Parliament and all the stakeholders involved in the project
- Ensuring that the European Youth Forum and its partners are well represented in the organization and the run of the EYE event.
- Organize the meetings necessary
- Monitor the budget of the EYE event
- Assist with other services provided by the European Youth Forum as necessary.
The duration of the contract is 9 months. The contract is full time (35 hours per week). The salary will be indicated later in the process as dependent on external funding. The successful candidate is be expected to start as soon as possible.
Profile of the candidate:
- Large scale events planning and management
- Experience in dealing with numerous stakeholders and partners at the same time
- Experience in coordinating the work effectively, using all the competences present in the team
- Very good organisational, written and verbal communication skills;
- A proactive, critical and flexible thinker, and problem solver;
- Able to work under own initiative and as part of a team on a common project;
- Background and experience in youth work, particularly in a youth organisation, is an asset;
- Sociable and service oriented, at ease in a multicultural environment;
- Capacity to multi-task and coordinate several projects simultaneously, demonstrating excellent time management and organisational skills in stressful situations.
- Ability to travel and to work flexible hours and on weekends, when required;
- Ability to live in Brussels or the surrounding area.
- Extremely good organisation, planning and management of events skills;
- Fluency in English and ideally in French;
- Computer literacy, with good working knowledge of word processing, e-mail and internet applications.
To submit your application for this vacancy, please use the new European Youth Forum online recruitment system. Deadline for applying: 30 September 2013, 23h59 CET
How to apply with the online application system?
- Create a user account: click on “Registration” and fill in your personal details.
- Go to the “Login ” area and login with your username and password.
- Create your CV: click on “My Curriculum” in this area you will be asked to provide information on your education, experience and training’s.
- Submit your application: click on “Vacancies” you will be asked to select the call your want to apply for and to write your motivation letter.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Reception of applications sent by email will be acknowledged.
Please read the official call HERE.