Deadline: 31 August 2013
Open to: candidates with Master or PhD in Computer Science or related disciplines, skills and experience in software development, proficiency in English and basic knowledge in Italian
Salary: The selected participant is to receive a salary from 27.600 to 31.300 euro
A research position is available in the Shape and Evolve Living Knowledge (SHELL) Project at Bruno Kessler Foundation, Center for Information Technology based in Italy. The Bruno Kessler Foundation (FBK) conducts research activities in Information Technology, Materials and Microsystems, Theoretical Physics, Mathematics, Italian-Germanic historical studies, Religious studies and International Relations. Through its network, it also develops research in the fields of international relationships, conflict causes and effects, European economic institutions, behavioral economics and evaluative assessment of public policies.
The ICT focus research on key areas of information technology with the aim to provide a practical and experimental evidence of its added value for the market, cultural growth, and social welfare. Our research aims to push innovation through the construction of a networked system that involves companies, other research institutions, universities, public bodies, and end-users.The ICT is organized in Research Groups. These are strongly encouraged towards collaborations and projects that can exploit synergies among different competences. For more information regarding the workplace please check here.
The successful candidate will work primarily at the development of ontologies for the specification of relevant aspects of Virtual Reality Scenarios, such as, devices locations, characters, and so on, with particular emphasis on the production of a taxonomy of (human) behaviours and actions to be used for the constructions of models of non-playing intelligent characters in the context of serious games for emergency management and training.
The candidate is expected to perform:
- activities of knowledge acquisition from experts of DeltaLab and from documents;
- activities of ontology construction in OWL and documentation via standard conceptual modeling languages such as UML or ER;
- Software development for the customization of the MoKi or Protégé ontology editor environment
- Master in Computer Science or related disciplines
- Solid skills in conceptual modeling
- Skills and experience in software development
- Some background in working with OWL and Protégé
- Oral and written proficiency in English
- Ability to work autonomously
- Good communication skills
- PhD in Computer Science or related disciplines
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment and deliver in research projects
- Basic Italian knowledge
- Experience or interest in video games, virtual reality or 3D rendering.
The selected participant is to receive a salary from 27.600 to 31.300 euro, depending on the candidate’s experience (Including meal vouchers or work canteen and welcome office support for visa formalities, accommodation, social security, etc.). The employment contract is in duration of one year and the starting date is in September 2013.
How to Apply?
To apply online, please send your detailed CV (in pdf format) and two reference names. Please, include in you CV your authorization for the handling of your personal information as per the Italian Personal Data Protection Code, Legislative Decree no. 196/2003. Applications must be sent to email@example.com
See the official call HERE.