Deadline: 31 May 2013
Open to: UK/EU students, plus special scholarships for international students
Scholarship: full and partial tuition fee waivers plus travel grants
The University of Westminster offers a number of full tuition fee waiver scholarships to you if you are an exceptionally well qualified student from outside the UK/EU. Please note that this covers tuition fees only, not living expenses or accommodation. There is another application for the Santander Travel Grant to cover your travel costs.
Please note that the scholarship application process is separate to the process of applying for admission to the University. You should only apply for a scholarship once you have applied for admission and successfully been offered a place (either conditional or unconditional) on the course you wish to study.
For information on how to apply for a place on one of their courses, please visit their website
If you are an existing student, unfortunately, at present, you are not currently eligible to apply for a scholarship as all scholarships are awarded BEFORE a course commences. To apply for a scholarship you will need to complete the relevant scholarship application form.
For UK/EU undergraduate scholarships for September 2013, they will be introducing an online application process which should be available for use from January 2013 onwards.
For international students and all postgraduate students you will need to download the relevant application form (International Undergraduate or Postgraduate) below.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The scholarship application process is HIGHLY COMPETITIVE. They receive thousands of applications each year, so do NOT assume that application means acceptance. You should also seek other sources of funding in the event that your application is not successful.
Please note that for international undergraduate and all postgraduate students they do not currently have an online application facility and DO NOT ACCEPT APPLICATIONS VIA EMAIL. International students and postgraduate students will need to send their applications BY POST to the following address:
101 New Cavendish Street
London W1W 6XH
You can find more information in the Scholarship Brochure PDF HERE or at the Frequently Asked Questions page HERE.
You must be an international student and hold an offer for a full-time undergraduate degree at the University. The scholarship will be renewed each year subject to satisfactory academic performance.
DEADLINE dates for receipt of applications are as follows:
- 1st April 2013 for all UK/EU Undergraduates except for students taking a Media, Art and Design course, the deadline for which is 23rd April 2013.
- 31 May 2013 for September 2013 international undergraduate scholarships
- 31 May 2013 for September 2013 postgraduate scholarships
Once they have received your application, they will acknowledge receipt by email. In cases where an application is received very close to the deadline, students may not get an email of acknowledgement.
Application procedure and presentation guidelines
- You can only apply for a scholarship once you have been offered either a conditional or unconditional place on your chosen course. They cannot consider your application for a scholarship if you have not already made an application for admission and been successfully offered a place on a course.
- Only apply for scholarships for which you are eligible – check the eligibility criteria for each scholarship, either in the brochure or on the website to make sure you qualify before applying.
- Unless you are applying for a specific scholarship, just tell them what level of support you require (e.g. fees only, fees and accommodation, etc.) and we will match the scholarship to your needs where possible.
- Make sure your application is well presented and includes all the requested documents.
- You should only submit the supporting documents they request (these are listed on the scholarship application form). The quantity of documents will not advantage your application.
- Do not send original documents as we are unable to return these. Please only send copies.
- You must provide translations of any supporting documents which are in any other language than English.
- Your application should be word processed. If you have to submit a handwritten application, it is your responsibility to ensure that it is legible.
- Spend sufficient time on your application. You are in competition with some of the strongest students in the world so spend as much time as necessary researching the scholarship and creating a polished, professional and persuasive application.
- Do not excessively exceed the word limit for the supporting statement. They ask you to present yourself briefly for a reason.
For more information, see the official website HERE.