Deadline: 1May 2013
Open to: Writers from all genres under 35 from Albania, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Serbia and Ukraine
Fellowship: 5,000 Eur for a three-month stay
The CEI Fellowship for Writers in Residence is an award aimed at encouraging cross-border cooperation and promotion in the field of literature for young writers from Central European countries not yet part of the European Union. The fellowship is endowed with a cash award of EUR 5,000 for a three-month stay in any of the Central European Initiative Member States, selected by the candidate. The fellowship winner will be guest of the 28th Vilenica International Literary Festival which will take place from 11 to 15 September 2013 at various locations in Slovenia. The fellowship winner will be officially announced at the press conference at the end of August, and fellowship will be awarded to him or her at the opening ceremony of the festival. The candidate is eligible for the fellowship from 11 September 2013 till 11 September 2014. Within 60 days after completion of the residency the candidate must submit a written report.
Applicants eligible for the fellowship are writers from all genres under 35 (born after 1978) from CEI Member States which are not part of the European Union (Albania, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Serbia and Ukraine).
The application must include the following obligatory enclosures:
- A filled in registration form.
- A biography in English (max. 1800 characters without spaces).
- Copy of a valid ID or passport with the visible date and place of birth, and the citizenship.
- A bibliography in English (max. 3600 characters without spaces).
- A description in English of the project to be undertaken during the three-month residence (2000 – 4500 characters without spaces). The project must be a literary work, not a research project.
- One original signed letter of recommendation in English (max. 1800 characters without spaces).
Incomplete entries will not be considered. The deadline for applications is 1 May 2013. Applications must be received in a sealed envelope by regular mail. The committee will consider entries postmarked on or before 1 May 2013.
Slovene Writers’ Association
(Writer In Residence)
- The application form will be distributed through all major writers’ organizations in the candidate states, on the web-page of the CEI, the SWA and the Vilenica festival,
- The international committee including members from Slovenia, Italy and Austria will consider entries postmarked on or before 1 May 2013.
- Entries will be evaluated according to the following criterion: 30% (3 points) for the bibliography, 50% (5 points) for the project description and 20% (2 points) for the letter of recommendation.
- All the candidates will be notified of the decision of the committee by 15 July 2013.
- The fellowship winner will be officially announced at the press conference at the end of August, and fellowship will be awarded to him or her at the opening ceremony of the festival on 11 September 2013 in Koper, Slovenia.
- 60 days after completion of the residency the candidate must submit a written report in English (7200 – 9000 characters without spaces) by regular or e-mail to the Slovene Writers’ Association.
Questions may be sent via e-mail or by fax no later than 14 days before the deadline to:
Slovene Writers’ Association
Društvo slovenskih pisateljev
Ms Maja Kavzar
Fax: 00386 1 42 16 430
Tel: 00386 1 25 14 144
Opening hours: Monday, Wednesday: 10.00 to 13.00
For more information, read the complete call for participants.